Job Summary: Reporting to the SBA Managing Director, this role is responsible for the processes, marketing, training, direct management of sales and supporting staff and influence of the other staff supporting these broad programs and initiatives. Directly supervises team of SBA Business Development Officers. Management or Supervision: Yes Major Responsibilities: SBA & Government Guaranteed Lending (50%)
- Responsible for sales of SBA 7(a) and 504 programs throughout the Bank.
- Represent the Bank externally and internally to increase market place awareness of the SBA and other government programs.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new business development opportunities for the Bank.
- Make strategic marketing calls as necessary, in conjunction with Private, Priority, Business Banking Officers as well as Commercial Banking.
- Responsible for overseeing the loan structuring and financial analysis of SBA and government guaranteed loans.
- Acts as a liaison with Credit Administration, Credit Examination and Legal to stay informed of current credit policy and other issues.
- Evaluate and submit recommendations to the appropriate approval authority on loan requests exceeding prescribed limits.
- Ensure that sales staff uses proper analysis and appropriate judgment in making recommendations on loan decisions.
- When necessary as second level management, establishes and negotiates the terms and conditions under which credit may be extended; may include costs, pricing, repayment method schedule and collateral requirements.
- Create and administrates a second review process and communication.
- Ensure the protection of the Bank's interests in matters such as adequate documentation and adherence to Bank policy.
- Maintain productive positive relationships with key business related CDFI partners in the markets we serve.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure appropriate lending volume and other services are being provided to minority-owned, woman-owned and other small businesses.
- Manage SBA business development officer(s) for the line and the SBA segment.
- Develop and implement a sales plan to attain SBA and government guarantee loan goals.
- Establish and monitor performance objectives; appraise performance; ensure employee training and development; acts as mentor; hire and terminate employees as necessary.
- Coach and counsel staff ensuring a competent motivated staff, monitor results. In conjunction with the SBA BDO's for the purpose of mentoring and training, makes business call to clients and prospects on the government programs.
- Responsible for increasing the sales pipe line for the staff by establishing Bank wide referral sources.
- Proactively manages the sales staff in solving issues pertaining to department activities.
- Establish goals and objectives for the department that support and conform to guidelines established by Management.
Specialty Products/Strategies/Initiatives/Projects (30%)
- Responsible for co-leading Initiatives and Projects Supporting SBA with the SBA Managing Director.
- Responsible for the development of niche strategies for SBA.
- Responsible for strategies involve identifying profitable, growth oriented geographies, industries, or niches, selecting key sales talent for focused training, developing targeting marketing/sales strategies and tactics, and developing UB's reputation as a specialist in these areas.
- Responsible for the training, marketing and communication of these initiatives both internally and externally.
- Responsible for measuring successes and failures in terms of lift on Non-Interest Income and expanding those niches which prove successful.
Risk Management & Compliance (20%)
- Actively participate in management meetings, strategic planning, discussions and decisions.
- Works closely with other executives and senior managers to facilitate problem solving, and to obtain necessary resources to meet objectives.
- Maintains Credit Quality Credit Quality& Risk Management including Annual Reviews including Due diligence requirements, risk grading etc.
- Ensures staff adheres to all Bank and regulatory Compliance including KYC, AML, BSA, LEAP Training, etc.
- Graduation from college or equivalent work experience; 10+ years of direct experience in managing and developing the SBA sales team for financial institutions.
- Knowledge of: Accounting/Financing principles; Analysis of financial statements; SBA procedures and regulations; Department and Bank policy products and services; Marketing and sales; Commercial lending to small companies Skill and Ability to: Develop an SBA sales and marketing Program; Establish and meet SBA volume and profit goals; Develop and implement sales strategies and a marketing plan Establish and maintain corporate relationships; Potentially sell loans into secondary market; Maintain complete accurate records and files; Understand, and participate in the development of line unit business and strategic plans. Responsible for supporting achievement of Commercial Bankingfinancial goals and objectives as influenced by account retention, cross-sell, new business development and credit quality. Keep abreast of all SBA requirements and regulations; policies and procedures. Participate in establishing sales strategies to support the SBA program. Performs related duties and special projects as required.
Requisition #: 10021634-WD