The Portfolio Manager is responsible for protecting the Bank's assets through proactive account management of assigned asset-based relationships. Account manager will ensure high customer satisfaction while maintaining sound credit structures and reducing credit risks through effective account management. Responsibilities will also include collaborating with underwriting team, closing team and operations for overall management of customer and assets/collateral.
- Maintain relationship with assigned SBA customers and changes within client organization
- Monitor portfolio for adherence to terms of loan agreements, including past dues, exceptions, and corporate & personal financials
- Perform all post-closing service request and related task to maintain up-to-date client data
- Address client's requests and, if deemed acceptable, make written recommendations to Credit Risk Management with a thorough and concise credit memo for consideration of bank approval
- Monitor financial and collateral performance
- Proactively address negative financial or collateral trends
- Understand and adhere to the group's Policies and Procedures of SBA and Cadence Bank
- Communicate effectively with all core SBA management and/or key associates
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- All other duties as assigned by Management
- Fully understand key drivers of client's business and operating strategy
- Negotiation of Loan Documents
- Minimum of 10 years of Commercial Lending/Portfolio Management experience (or combination)
- Portfolio Management experience
- Managerial and supervisory experience
- Due Diligence Experience
- Negotiation Experience
- Problem Solving with the ability to prioritize and or escalate, as necessary
- Strong communication, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Ability to create and deliver an ongoing, written financial package with a thorough, clear and concise, summary overview of due diligence, analysis, conclusions and recommendations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cadence Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Cadence Bank is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.