Develops contacts and leads to generate Small Business Administration (SBA) loan financing for business customers. The main product line is intended to provide financing, through the SBA program, for the owner/user to purchase commercial real estate. More than 80% of time is spent on outside sales activities and functions.
Builds, develops, and maintains profitable specialty finance lending relationships with new and existing customers. Generates leads through cold calling and existing contacts to develop SBA lending opportunities. Consults with customers and prospects at their places of business in order to understand their current business practices and identify their financial goals and needs. Develops and promotes U.S. Bank products and services to best meet the business needs of the customer and the Bank.
Contributes to the growth of the Specialty Finance loan portfolio by originating applications for SBA loans. Gathers, analyzes and discusses credit and financial information for determination of credit quality and appropriateness of SBA financing. Develops SBA loan packages, gathers pertinent financial information, and submits to SBA processing center. Responsible for all facets of the loan to include delivering, upon approval, commitment letter and review of loan program details, and closing.
Proactively deepens customer relationships by meeting their needs through additional products and services. Actively refers clients to other U.S. Bank areas of additional needs. Partners with Business Banking, Community and Commercial partners developing, communicating, and implementing the sales strategy in order to meet/exceed business objectives, and exchange leads/referrals. Represents the Bank at various civic and community functions to further enhance U.S. Bank's reputation and develop additional business opportunities and centers of influence.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to eight years of commercial credit, relationship banking or other job-related experience
- Strong relationship management and business development/b2b sales skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of credit administration, analysis and policy/procedure
- Advanced knowledge of SBA lending products and services
- Demonstrated understanding of complex financial accounting and analysis
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups in managing customer relationships
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills