Job Description :
The Satellite Systems Engineer will perform duties required to maintain and improve mission operations within the work center. Participates in a production and validation process for information technology systems and products which requires formal documentation (standard operating procedures).
Works with software tools to produce sophisticated products for customer use. Must certify and maintain proficiency as a System Operator.
Participate in the generation, and review of procedures, test plans, integration documentation, problem reports and the assessment of their impact on missions.
Interface with management for operational issues. Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to function in a multi-contractor environment.
This is currently a Rotating Shift position with the potential for on-call/absence coverage. Skills: Common computer architectures and operating systems. Sound cause and effect troubleshooting techniques. Ability to work effectively with people as part of a multi-disciplinary, multi-contractor team.
Ability to function effectively in a rapidly changing environment with minimal supervision is necessary. Site Training Requirements: Certification will be required for performance as a System Operator.
COMSEC certification will be required. Unique Training Requirements: Networking, UNIX, Sun Solaris, computer system architectures, MS Office applications. Some travel required.
Possess current TS/SCI clearance or be eligible for crossover in a timely manner. Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
Ability to obtain clearance required.
• Must possess a current TS/SCI clearance or be eligible for crossover in a timely manner (within 2 months)
• Must be able to work rotational shifts and perform in a dynamic test and operational environment
• Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to function in a multi-contractor environment
• Ability to plan, prioritize, schedule, manage and report on assigned tasks
• Successful applicants must possess a strong operations oriented technical background and
• Microsoft Office Applications experience
• Must be willing to travel occasionally (approximately 1 week/year)
• Must be willing to obtain site specific certifications: System Operator certification and COMSEC certification
• Common computer architectures and operating systems
• Networking, LINUX, MSWindows, computer system architectures
• Experience with telecommunication/satellite communications, including RF/digital/analog circuits
• Satellite operations experience including troubleshooting operational problems and generating operational procedures