Job Description :
This is a Lockheed Martin Space Systems position on the Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) Site Activation Team (SAT) / Mission Control Team (MCT) at Schriever AFB (SAFB) in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The AEHF Program develops and fields a constellation of geo-synchronous satellites to provide worldwide, secure, survivable, protected communications to Milstar and AEHF users.
The AEHF SAT/MCT is responsible for conducting AEHF satellite launch readiness planning, and will perform console operations during launch, orbit raising, payload activation, and on-orbit test using Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) ground system resources and the AEHF Command and Control System - Consolidated (CCS-C) ground system.
This is an AEHF Operations Controller 1 (OC1) position as part of the on-console real-time support to the AEHF MCT launch and orbit raising operations team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: provide technical support of AEHF ground systems operations by successfully completing the MCT training program and achieving OC1 certification, perform ground system configuration and trouble-shooting tasks associated with 24/7 on-console ground system operations, perform CCS-C contact planning and scheduling, monitor and analyze ground system connectivity data, support launch readiness events, develop and review ground system procedures, and develop telemetry display definitions, as needed.
Work shift: Normal day-time shift hours during readiness planning and training activities, but will require off-shift and weekend support during exercises, rehearsals, and the multi-month period (~5 months) of Launch/Orbit Raising/Test operations.
Ability to obtain SECRET clearance required
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline, Math, Physics, or Computer Science.
- Ability to receive a DoD Secret or Interim DoD Secret clearance within 6 months of hire.
- This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
- Course work or experience with Satellite subsystem design.
- Course work or experience with orbital mechanics and orbit management.
- Software and/or tool development experience.
- Demonstrated technical ability to learn details of the AEHF CCS-C and associated ground systems.
- Demonstrated technical ability to learn AEHF on-orbit satellite operations.
- Demonstrated teamwork, communications, and inter-personal skills.