SAS Statistical Modeling Risk Analyst, Financial and Capital Modeling
Exciting opportunity in Alpharetta, GA for an Analyst with SAS, SQL or Python experience ! This individual will be responsible for the development of Stress Testing / Capital Management Models!
Do you have 1+ years of risk analytics? SAS/ SQL or Python?
Don't Hesitate - Engage with Us, Today!
Please use this link to apply. It is very easy to do!
The Senior Analyst, Financial & Capital Modeling role is responsible for development, documentation and monitoring of Stress Testing and Capital Management models for Synchrony Financial.
- Design and develop a variety of models in consumer credit within the Stress Testing and Capital Management (STCM) team
- Document model methodology, business rationale, empirical evidence, assumptions, and limitations
- Review, test, and optimize existing code
- Assist the Model Validation process on an ad-hoc basis
- Work closely within the Risk organization to validate accuracy and performance of models
- Keep pace with the latest developments in academia, regulatory environment, risktechnology (vendor and internal) and financial services industry
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative field and 1+ years? in risk analytics, or in lieu of degree5+ years of experience in risk analytics.
- 1+ yearexperience of statistical modelling and analyzing large data
- 1+ yearexperience with SAS, SQL, Python, or R
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in mathematics, statistics or related field with modeling experience
- Experience in consumer credit; Stress Testing, PPNR, Credit Loss, Operational Risk, Regulatory Capital and Economic Capital
- Experience in the following is a plus: SAS, VBA, R, Python, Spark, Hive and Hadoop
- Experience with analytics and statistical techniques leveraging large volumes of data
- You must be 18years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6months (Level 4?7) or 24months (level 8 or greater), have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am ?5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.