This position is responsible for producing complex, efficient, error free SAS programs, related documentation and for providing maintenance to existing programs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, write, test and document Base SAS programs, subroutines, and scripts to meet project objectives
- Extract data from large databases, including DB2 and Oracle, through SAS.
- Maintain current production programs to meet the expanding needs of an application area
- Work independently or assist a system analyst in investigating and resolving system failures in order to reduce the system downtime
- Evaluate new or alternative data processing techniques to determine their usefulness in meeting project needs and deadlines
- Assist other programmers in program design, testing and debugging to improve departmental production
- Assist in preparing and maintaining System and Application documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- 3 years SAS programming experience including Base SAS, SQL, macros, and multi-processing techniques required.
- 2 years relational database experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability
- Ability to build and maintain complex and efficient SAS routines, using SQL, macros, and multi-processing techniques.
- Ability to efficiently process large databases and extract from multiple environments is required.
- Knowledge of systems analysis, design, and project management techniques required.
- Exceptional analytic, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills are required.
- Ability to work in a rapid, agile project style environment is required.