The Lead Programmer Analyst is Responsible for the development and delivery of Analytical solutions using SAS platform. The Lead Programmer Analyst will also support the user community with their reporting/analytical needs and guide and help the users with resolving their data and analytical needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert knowledge of the SAS Enterprise Miner, and other SAS BI tools to guide less experienced users through the software functionality and assisting them in creating models and reports.
- Assist the Business Intelligence and Analytics team with SAS programming solutions.
- Develop complex SAS programming solutions.
- Lead the efforts in building high end SAS modeling.
- Monitor and support multiple SAS jobs, scripts and other administration tasks.
- Continually monitor and tune the performance of the platform.
- Write and maintain technical documentation.
- Determine how Business Intelligence (BI) will provide the information required to make effective business decisions; Translating requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools.
- Guide the users in how to use BI in their day-to-day activities.
- Develop relationships with the users that foster client ties.
- Works closely with the users and the technical teams in prioritizing data and information requirements.
- Helps manage user expectations effectively.
- Support User Acceptance Testing effort.
- Conduct training classes to the users.
- Understand business workflows to technically incorporate them.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
First and foremost we require individuals with outstanding communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical ideas to non-technical people. Additionally they should also possess as many of the following as possible:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 4-7years of experience administering large-scale, enterprise SAS environments.
- Minimum 3-4years of experience in SAS modeling.
- Minimum 3-4years of experience in SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Enterprise Guide.
- SAS Certification a big plus.
- Experience in other BI platforms like IBM Cognos Analytics, Tableau, Microsoft BI, QlikView a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Data Analysis.
- Ability to function, prioritize, and execute tasks in high-pressure altering environment.
- Ability to Self-Direct with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conceptually understand the direction for the organization’s objectives and goals.
- Data Warehousing background.