SAS Data Analyst ( Sr. Manager, Decision Analytics Services )
SAS Data Analyst
EXL (NASDAQ:EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps businesses enhance growth and profitability in the face of relentless competition and continuous disruption. Using our proprietary, award-winning Business EXLerator Framework™, which integrates analytics, automation, benchmarking, BPO, consulting, industry best practices and technology platforms, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 24,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), Latin America, Australia and South Africa.
EXL Analytics provides data-driven, action-oriented solutions to business problems through statistical data mining, cutting edge analytics techniques and a consultative approach. Leveraging proprietary methodology and best-of-breed technology, EXL Analytics takes an industry-specific approach to transform our clients’ decision making and embed analytics more deeply into their business processes. Our global footprint of nearly 2,000 data scientists and analysts assist client organizations with complex risk minimization methods, advanced marketing, pricing and CRM strategies, internal cost analysis, and cost and resource optimization within the organization. EXL Analytics serves the insurance, healthcare, banking, capital markets, utilities, retail and e-commerce, travel, transportation and logistics industries.
Please visit www.exlservice.com for more information about EXL Analytics.
As a SAS Data Analyst, the individual will contribute/lead the design and development of information solutions to address business challenges:
- Knack of problem solving. Should have an analytical bent of mind
- Experience of communicating analyses and results across cross-functional teams
- Applies experience to anticipate and be proactive in addressing potential issues before they become problems
- Designs and develops viable and efficient information solutions using advanced SAS features & functionalities
- Regularly works to connect SAS data solutions with other software applications and operating system tools
- Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings with key stakeholders including Pricing data leads, portfolio actuaries, and underwriters
- Participates on high impact departmental and cross-functional teams on process standardization, process improvements, system validation, and the acquisition, customization, and integration of new tools and technologies
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PostDoc degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related field from top-tier universities with strong record of achievement.
- 5+ years of hands-on SAS programming experience.
- Background in data analytics is a must. Consulting experiencepreferred
- Experience with SQL procedures and SQL database is required.
- Proven expertise in SAS, including- macros, stored procedures and other Advanced SAS skills
- Must have worked extensively on all or either of Base SAS/ SAS EG/ SAS (Unix)/ SAS Grid
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated success to multi-task and deliver viable solutions in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent and transparent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Positive and collaborative attitude
What we offer:
- EXL Analytics offers an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, which brings together a group of sharp and entrepreneurial professionals who are eager to influence business decisions. From your very first day, you get an opportunity to work closely with highly experienced, world class analytics consultants.
- You can expect to learn many aspects of businesses that our clients engage in. You will also learn effective teamwork and time-management skills - key aspects for personal and professional growth
- Analytics requires different skill sets at different levels within the organization. At EXL Analytics, we invest heavily in training you in all aspects of analytics as well as in leading analytical tools and techniques.
- We provide guidance/ coaching to every employee through our mentoring program wherein every junior level employee is assigned a senior level professional as advisors.
- Sky is the limit for our team members. The unique experiences gathered at EXL Analytics sets the stage for further growth and development in our company and beyond.