Description: Under limited supervision, provide SAS/analytical programming, data management and quality control support for a wide variety of research projects including clinical trials. Exhibit desire and ability to learn and use a variety of analytical software including SAS in multiple operating system environments.
- Oversee all phases of data management, quality control and reporting for research projects including clinical trials.
- Provide SAS/analytical support for department/section; research, recommend and implement new methods for the improvement and/or expansion of department/section data management/quality control/reporting processes, including increasing efficiency and streamlining when necessary.
- Take lead role in analyzing and implementing data management/quality control/reporting needs on multi-programmer projects.
- Attend project meetings and consult with project personnel on assessing data management/quality control/reporting needs and areas needing improvement.
- Maintain a professional relationship with project personnel.
- Troubleshoot complicated software processes and products.
- Design complicated automated reporting and data loading solutions.
- Test data conversions and data integrity from a wide variety of sources across platforms.
- Develop complicated macros for various research and reporting purposes.
- Design comprehensive quality checking and validation process.
- Develop and evaluate complicated data linkage process.
- May supervise the work of lower level SAS Analyst/Programmers serving on the same projects.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
- Minimum six (6) years of related experience with programming and data management using SAS or other computer language.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with medical or health research.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with SAS graph, macros, PROC SQL, ODS, SAS/ACCESS and data extraction from large relational databases
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, biostatistics, statistics, mathematics, information systems, epidemiology or related field of study.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to organize and manipulate large datasets.
- Ability to express complex technical information to researchers or to audiences with clinical training.
- Excellent analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Both efficient and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with Unix environment and Unix scripts.
- Project management experience.
- Master's degree in related field of study.
Job Number: 626734