Description: Under limited supervision, provide SAS/analytical programming, data management, and quality control support for a wide variety of research projects including clinical trials under the supervision of higher level programmers or biostatisticians. Exhibit desire and ability to learn and use a variety of analytical software including SAS in multiple operating system environments.
- Oversee all phases of data management, quality control, and reporting for research projects including clinical trials.
- Define analytical variables collaboratively with research scientists and biostatisticians.
- Consult with project staff on project needs.
- Maintain a professional relationship with project personnel.
- Perform analytical tasks using SAS or other analytical tools.
- Design comprehensive quality checking and validation process.
- Design troubleshooting software and programs.
- Design and generate tracking and data entry tools as needed.
- Design automated reporting and data loading schemes.
- Convert and merge data with complicated structure from a wide variety of sources across platforms.
- Create and maintain documentation to document process and data quality issues.
- May supervise the work of lower level SAS Analyst/Programmers serving on the same projects.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience with programming and data management using SAS or other computer language.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, biostatistics, statistics, mathematics, information systems, epidemiology or related field of study.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to organize and manipulate large datasets.
- Ability to express complex technical information to researchers or to audiences with clinical training.
- Very strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Both efficient and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with medical or health research.
- Experience with SAS graph, macros, PROC SQL, ODS, SAS/ACCESS and data extraction from large relational databases.
- Experience with Unix environment and Unix scripts.
- Master's degree in related field of study.
Job Number: 615376