Under minimal management direction, coordinates and executes (ERP) system activities and operations in partnership with Dawn business users to include development, maintenance, support and enhancement of existing SAP WM and related modules.
- In-depth understanding and practical application of SAP WM/Logistics Execution configuration
- Ability to analyze and solve complex system problems as part of the overall SAP Warehouse Management and Supply Chain support process, including: Delivery processing, replenishment, picking, packing, shipping, transportation, material staging for manufacturing, intercompany/interplant shipments
- Document issues and solutions as problems are addressed per Dawn standards
- Manage the configuration and development of RF/Mobile warehouse operation solutions
- Ability to work cross functionally to manage the configuration and functional support of SAP Logistics Execution and related areas
- Ability to fully understand integration points within SAP and other systems to fully grasp impact of all proposed system changes
- Ability to manage projects in a timely manner and clearly anticipate and communicate project issues
- Ability to work with information and system users under stressful conditions
- Ability to effectively analyze and troubleshoot ERP system problems and recommend appropriate alternatives
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Designs/Creates functional requirements for SAP system changes
- Configures system enhancements where appropriate
- Coordinates testing of system modifications
- Analyzes and evaluates SAP system processes and user needs
- Resolves critical SAP development issues
- Researches, develops, and proposes both short and long term solutions to SAP system requirements
- Supports departmental functions/usage of Dawn’s SAP modules; evaluates system requirements and implements solutions; configures, modifies, and coordinates testing of released objects
- Creates and documents strategies; and develops, coordinates and executes standards, policies, methods and procedures for SAP business processes.
- Provides day-to-day technical direction and leadership for SAP business Warehousing processes; ability to accomplish deliverables involving complex and highly analytical tasks.
- Administers/coordinates upgrades and system patches; provides project leadership of large-scale system modifications;
- Consults with multiple Business process owners to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements and levels of system access.
- Analyzes and develops requirements for enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits user needs.
- Executes or coordinates system integration testing; performs tests and modifies application configurations to resolve errors.
- Tracks and fully documents changes; writes detailed procedures for permanent records and for use in training
- Responds to reports of operational problems and requests for assistance; provides operational support and implements fixes and additional features
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems
- Provides technical assistance in training all levels of SAP users; develops SAP user procedures and training curriculum; conducts training sessions
- Analyzes ERP systems technical literature and translates in terms understandable to end users
- Stays abreast of current trends, literature, and technologies in the field of ERP management
- Coordinates and reviews new functional business requirements and determines the impact on the production SAP environment
- Maintain and configure settings in WM-PP interface
- Performs related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information technology, business administration or a related field
- 8+ years’ experience in configuring SAP WM module with at least 1 full life-cycle implementation
- Basic understanding of ALE functions (IDOCs, etc.)