The SAP Variant Configurator Programmer will be a core member of the Engineering team. The Programmer will be involved in every phase of the development of new and existing products associated with automatic doors, automatic door components, and related systems.
- Manage Materials and Product Logic in SAP Variant Configurator (SAP ECC 6.0)
- Create and adjust Bills of Material (BOMs and SuperBOMs) and product data to match product features, manufacturing needs, and the change control process.
- Create characteristics, class, configuration profiles, Super BOMs and Super Task lists, object dependencies, Configurable materials, Configurable dimensions, and material variants.
- Create table and constraints for different combinations and restrictions of the product as per customers' requirements.
- Understanding of SAP material master (MM) data
- Assure that all information in the Variant Configurator aligns with information in engineering documentation.
- Implement all new, made-to-order product data in the Configurator working closely with Engineering, Manufacturing, Product Management, and Customer service team. Respond immediately to manufacturing line needs as well as ensuring day-to-day operational data accuracy is maintained by working closely with Production Scheduling team.
- Support all changes to product lines that involve configurable product. Own the Configuration Change Notice process.
- Consult on inventory balancing efforts where variably sized or variably selected components are driven by the Configurator.
- Consult on translating product definition to staff as needed. Support documentation requests.
- Guide personnel in establishing variable pricing for configured product. Maintain Pricing Variants in the Configurator.
- Work with IT as Subject Matter Expert concerning product configuration and the SAP ECC 6.0 applications.
- Work with IT to perform regression testing to maintain system integrity.
- Perform infrastructure and support tasks within the Engineering group that may or may not need assistance from IT. For example: Access Control lists on windows file server, plotter/printer support, PC hardware capabilities, execution of unit testing and integration testing.
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering, with 2-4 years of relevant SAP experience.
- Must have experience with Variant Configurator Classes, Configuration Profiles, Characteristics, and Object Dependencies that drive the configurable dimensions, features and components of the product line.
- Must be able to manage a broad span of Bills of Materials representing the entire offering of Sliding and Swinging doors, accessories, components and kits.
- Must be able to read and understand manufacturing drawings and prints
- Strong knowledge of SAP a must.
- Strong understanding of Engineering Change Requests, Engineering Change Notices, & document control
- Individual should be a self-starter, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects, and work with limited supervision
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and computer skills are required.
- Candidate should possess excellent abilities in communication (oral and written), time management, interpersonal, and decision making skills.
- Successful candidate must be both a "hands on" detail oriented person and a team player with the engineering and operations groups.
Requisition Number 59563BR