Senior Project Manager, SAP Oversees the planning and tracking of a transformation to an ERP SAP system from a legacy inventory management. This position is responsible to track, control and report progress for a services transformation project. Our client is initiating a global transformation to an SAP system to manage inventory. This transformation will span organization, people, process and systems dimensions, and impact inventory in 36 countries. As part of this program, our client is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager who will take the lead role in driving, managing and coordinating legacy system integration activity for the program.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and managing the plan for interfacing Client legacy applications into SAP through all stages of program delivery (Design, Build, Test and Deployment)
- Developing relationships with Legacy applications teams, and ensuring roadmaps and resources are lined up with the existing program plan.
- Ensuring constraints and dependencies for legacy systems and SAP delivery are well understood, communicated and managed
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution to ensure that legacy integration aligns with program timelines.
- Ensuring appropriate ways of working (plan, meetings, comms etc) are in place to support collaboration between legacy and existing Systems Integration partners
- Ensuring legacy system release management activities are lined up with program delivery
- Facilitate the definition of legacy interface scope, objectives and deliverables
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress. Ensure plan is aligned with Legacy plans and roadmaps. Iterate and deliver plan through the project lifecycle.
- Ensure integration projects is delivered on-time and in accordance with requirements
- Provide status updates to program manager and stakeholders of the legacy systems
- Manage variances to the project scope, project schedule and project requirements using appropriate change management techniques
- Work closely with Legacy integration architect to manage delivery and risk of integration boundary and approach questions.
- Work closely with internal resources, Systems Integrator and legacy partners to establish a successful solution.
- Coordinate with other related dependent projects in the organization to gain alignment with systems solution, and ensure alignment with any other planned changes to impacted legacy systems
- Develop relationships with the impacted legacy systems to ensure resources and activity are lined up for all project phases
- Ensure that project integration deliverables meet business needs
- Manage relationships with the legacy system stakeholders
- Lead and coordinate the Client inputs and validation of integration aspects of the SI design proposal, covering application, data and technical
- Ensure comprehensive project and solution documentation is created and maintained for solution integration
- Manage risks and issues for the workstream. Monitor progress and escalate to management as needed
- Understand releasewindows and cycles of legacy systems, and ensure deployments are aligned with project timelines.
- Ensure that that back out plans (or contingencies) are in place if needed.
- Work closely with system integrator architects to develop a release management strategy that supports zero service disruption.
- 5+ years’ experience of project management in the IT and/or IT Asset Management industry
- Solid background with understanding and hands-on experience with SAP S/4HANA and integration technologies in the enterprise solutions space
- Experience in delivering complex, global systems implementation change, with emphasis on integration, collaboration, problem solving and release management
- Expert in ERP (preferably SAP) Inventory Management concepts
- Proven experience in managing vendor relationships
- Experience in people and relationship management
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Google applications/collaboration tools and project planning tools
- PMP certification is a plus
What can Astreya offer you?
- Working with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of the Astreya delivery network
- Employment in the fast growing IT space providing you with brilliant career options for years to come
- Introduction to the new ways of working and awesome technologies
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- A company-wide mentoring program to advise you along the way
- Online training courses through CBT-nuggets to upskill you
- Performance management system to provide you with meaningful, actionable feedback
- Dedicated management to provide you with a point of leadership and care
- Internal promotion focus. We love to build people from within.
- Numerous on-the-job perks
- Peer Recognition
- Market competitive rates and benefits