This role will be the lead for the SAP testing practice within American Water’s SAP Center of Excellence. The SAP Testing Lead will validate that all SAP solutions due to be released meet quality, performance, architectural and functional requirements and are fit for business purpose. This role ensures that all test efforts are effectively planned, monitored, and executed and core activities required by the testing framework are completed in a structured and consistent manner. The SAP Testing Lead will also be responsible for implementing and maintaining all test automation tools used for SAP test automation.
- Comprehensive test strategy creation as well as detailed testing plan development for integration, regression, and user acceptance efforts.
- Configuration and management of test automation tools for SAP test cases.
- Tracking and reporting on test activities, results, defects and overall status.
- Escalation of test issues to leadership and appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordination of testing team resources for test case , plan development and testing iterations.
- Creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the testing practice.
Knowledge / Skills
- Expert skills in test management that defines the integration testing requirements and scope based on a change impact analysis.
- Ability to develop automatic and manual test cases, manage the testers and report on the test progress and test results.
- Detailed knowledge of test management and automation tools (ex: HP ALM, Worksoft, Tosca).
- Good understanding of SAP business processes across applications such as SAP ECC, CRM, SRM and BI.
- Strong understanding of technical test environment dependencies required to complete test cases.
- Good knowledge of Solution Manager and relevant integration with testing tools.
- Knowledge of best practices for testing SAP solutions.
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps methodologies.
Functional / Technical Skills
Learning on the Fly
Experience / Education
- 6 to 8 years work experience within a large SAP environment.
- BS /MS in Computer Science , Computer Applications , Information Technology or relevant field of Engineering with a strong academic background.
Indoor office environment
As necessary, up to 15%.
Certifications & Licenses
- ITIL and related SAP certification is required.