Zekelman Industries seeks a Senior Applications Analyst, Production and Inventory Planning for our office located in Chicago, IL. Reporting to the Manager of IT Supply Chain, this person collaborates with technical and business resources to improve the supply chain systems (SAP APO & ECC) across the Zekelman Industries businesses, supports end users through the entire integration process and supports the resolution of daily user, system and process issues.
- Responsible for working with key users to configure and enhance the current and future state of APO, ECC, and other Supply Chain systems
- Understands scope and manages assigned projects, with responsibility for the quality and timeliness of project deliverables
- Develops functional application designs and specifications, individually or collaboratively
- Works as a member of cross-functional teams and adds value by providing a technical perspective
- Configures and supports SAP APO PP/DS and ECC PP and PP-PI modules to meet business needs.
- Unit tests applications, including customizations and interfaces
- Guides users during testing activities and applications start-up activities
- Facilitates the process of change by clarifying new procedures and training system users
- Plans and establishes after go-live activities including on-going application support
- Analyzes day to day user, system, and process related issues and propose solutions and fixes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems or equivalent. MBA a plus.
- SAP certification a plus
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in SAP APO PP/DS, as well as ECC Production Planning, in implementation and support roles
- At least 2 full cycle APO implementations. Consulting experience in Supply Chain planning space is a plus.
- Business process reengineering skills are required
- Must be strong in supply planning concepts, production planning, and overall supply chain processes, from requirements planning to fulfilment of both make-to-stock and make-to-order scenarios
- Knowledge and experience in APO SNP Heuristics, Deployment, TLB, and Demand is a plus.
- Knowledge of configurable products in sales and production planning environments are desirable
- Should be able to multitask working on projects as well as supporting the production environment simultaneously
- Requires good written and oral communication skills, good interpersonal skills, flexible and adoptable to changing environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Remain in stationary position for the majority of the day.
- Occasional movement inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Ability to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.