Job ID: CEP000265
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications.
The SAP Solutions Architect will be accountable for the design, build and implementation of new solutions in Cepheid's SAP landscape and related procurement related peripheral applications. The candidate must be creative and technologically bold. The right candidate will possess a mix of pragmatism, creativity, and technical depth.
- Design SAP functional landscape and solution, including the functional integration points, applicable standards and governance.
- Own the SAP solution template and design for their functional area, and drive the SAP solution roadmap within the business.
- Lead the architectural governance function/processes during the implementation (ensure the ongoing alignment of business architecture, functional architecture and technical architecture from a functional/solution perspective).
- Translate business requirements into specific system, application or process designs covering both functional and non-functional aspects.
- Participate in multiple design activities, from requirements analysis to systems application and/or process design specification.
- Collaborate with the business process teams and managed services teams to ensure right solutions are designed and deployed.
- Provide direction to the implementation teams during solution realization and work as intermediary across the local, near shore and offshore delivery streams and the different architecture domains to ensure overall alignment.
- Participate, as necessary, in training, system setup, testing, documentation and maintenance support activities.
- Independently lead or execute complex assignments and projects.
- When required, analyze changes necessary to the solution architecture triggered by changes in business requirements, processes or technical requirements, develop options to incorporate the changes and take/facilitate the appropriate decisions.
- Lead solution architecture related project quality management tasks such as peer and quality reviews of specifications, design documents and code reviews.
- Act as a center of expertise, staying abreast of developments in the SAP space and continually upgrading functional knowledge.
- Collaborate effectively and leverage resources from within the Cepheid organization for ERP support and technology operations support.
- Coach project and team members on architectural topics.
Candidates will possess:
- 5 to 6years of experience in the Information technology profession focused on ERP design and management
- 5 to 6years of experience in SAP Materials Management processes within manufacturing organizations (procurement, inventory management, sub-contracting, supplier collaboration, etc.).
- 5 to 6 years of SAP MM functional design and implementation experience
- Expertise in SAP MM module (including MRP) and deep understanding of the integration with other ECC modules (especially PP, WM, SD and FI.
- Expertise in other peripherals such as Batch management, Engineering Change Management , Reporting, Queries.
- Experience in Business Intelligence Tools is preferred.
- Experience in implementation of Supplier collaboration portal, Purchase Requisition Approval systems is preferred.
- Experience in implementing large and complex SAP Projects, and designing solutions to meet business requirements.
- Experience in working with business process/activity owners in understanding business requirement and solution design
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities
- Ability to provide cross-functional leadership to ensure project objectives and deadlines are met
- Ability to identify, clarify and resolve project activity issues and risks as needed
- Good analytical problem solving and fact finding skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant Bachelors degreerequired.
- Background in healthcare or life sciences industry is preferred.
- Experience in managing validated systems is preferred.
- Certification in multiple SAP modules is preferred