The SAP Solutions Consultant is the SAP business process solution and configuration expert for one or more SAP modules. The SAP Solutions Consultant role bridges IT and the business. They are primarily responsible for the requirements gathering, analysis, planning, configuration, testing, implementation, configuration, design, documentation, training and support of SAP solutions and related interfaces. The SAP Solutions Consultant both alone or in partnership with other team members, works with the business areas (internal Calumet clients) to understand their business requirements, formulates and evaluates alternative solutions that streamline
s business processes and provide critical insight into the feasibility and business benefit of proposed SAP solutions and projects. The SAP Solutions Consultant will maintain the system in a manner where the design is low maintenance, scalable and meets the business requirements. The SAP Solutions Consultant may also perform other functions mentioned solely or in conjunction with SAP Business Analysts, ABAP Developers, Basis Administrators, Software Engineers and/or Client Power Users or Business Process Owners.
Analysis, Design & Requirement Gathering
- Responsible for the requirements gathering for a project
- Consistently apply a logical and analytical thought process to assigned tasks
- Will provide estimates on a specific feature/s within a project alone or in collaboration with other SAP team members, the business and the SAP Application Manager.
- Demonstrated excellence in conducting, leading Blueprint workshops
- Demonstrated experience in use of ASAP Methodology
- Responsible for the creation of various pieces of analysis and requirement gathering documentation such as but not limited to the SAP Blueprint, elements of the Design documentation, configuration documents, test cases, SAP Process Documents and SAP Training Documents and delivering in a timely manner.
- Responsible for modeling and business process mapping and creation of use cases and process flows
- Will provide system relevant information during requirements gathering to ensure the requirements are framed in a manner that enables a solution to be formulated and tested in accordance with the business need and SAP best practices.
- Awareness of project management practices
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill project management tasks if necessary
- Communicates the impacts of new requirements in terms of effort, time and cost based on a solid understanding of current requirements and established business process built in SAP
- Advises and works with other business areas and team members to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues
- Ability to work with complex and/or high visibility projects
SAP Configuration and Testing
- Subject matter knowledge and experience in one or more SAP modules
- Demonstrated ability to configure in one or more SAP modules
- Advises and works in collaboration with other SAP team members to design and validate the chosen solution and ensure compatibility and minimal impact across different process areas, modules, interfaces and outputs.
- Demonstrates expertise in the establishment of various SAP master data settings and their impact on system design and transaction execution
- Responsible for unit testing of any configuration performed either alone or in conjunction with other configuration analysts
- Working knowledge of tools implemented to support the configuration analysis function
- Primary responsibility for interactions with Calumet internal business partners and others within Calumet to understand business needs and share SAP module knowledge.
- Fosters a culture of collaboration with the business and IT team members.
- Provides input into the development of project plans in collaboration with SAP team members, implementation partners and the business.
- Consultative approach and abilities in working with internal business partners to analyze a problem, think creatively and offer a variety of solution options after consulting and securing buy-in for those solutions with the SAP team
- Demonstrated knowledge of the SAP architecture, operating systems, modules and technologies in order to facilitate solutions for Calumet
- Experience and understanding of SAP configuration
- Strong understanding of SAP master data
- General understanding of ABAP development and SAP Basis function as it relates to specific job function
- Responsible for the effective facilitation of requirements gathering workshops, design sessions and other meetings with peers and clients
- Primary point of contact for communicating changes and user relevant information to stakeholders
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize effective interviewing and facilitation skills
- Consistently demonstrates effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills that enables collaboration with all relevant team members and the business
- Consistently demonstrates effective documentation skills
- Apply negotiating and conflict resolution skills with minimal guidance
- Experience with presenting to large audiences
- Apply listening skills to gain a thorough understanding of what is being communicated and proactively solicit pertinent information
- Demonstrates the ability to restate and clarify what was heard in order to validate mutual understanding
- Demonstrates effectiveness in all areas of communication listed above with peers, clients, business partners
- Provides input for performance reviews as requested
- May participate in candidate interviews
- SAP TMS 5+ Design and implementation experience as primary resource. Prefer additional 1+ year in support
- SAP MM 5+ year. Prefer WM/ with integration with payment processing
- Overall 8+ years in SAP design and implementation
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to clearly communicate and articulate ideas in business process terminology
Leadership & Coordination
- Will be responsible to drive innovation of tools, processes, and solutions in own sphere of influence.
- Consistently demonstrates a Team orientation and fosters a culture of collaboration within and across work streams
- Works toward professional self-improvement through continued training and education
- Commitment to the success of a team
- May be called upon to work in a lead role on support projects, implementation projects, research, etc. with teams of various size and makeup
- Ability to effectively engage in multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, BCIS or related fields or equivalent work related experience.
· 8-12 years of experience in SAP system implementation and support in SAP business systems analysis, configuration and support.
· Experience in leading or coordinating SAP projects of various sizes.
· Experience in Business Process improvement is preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications
· Ability to present a positive and effective professional image
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Proficiency with software applications used to document system design, gather and maintain requirements, (e.g. MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio).
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to assess relevant facts.
· Prefer experience with requirements management tools
· Prefer experience with formal software development lifecycle methodologies and development processes, preferably ASAP methodology and processes for SAP implementation
· Prefer experience with project management tools and methods
· A passion about your work with a strong desire to learn, grow and make a difference
· Will perform other tasks as deemed necessary by the line manager in pursuit of Organizational vision, goals and objectives
· Occasional travel based on project and business needs.