PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR’s Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
The SAP Solution Architect is responsible for the overall design of the SAP application and mapping business requirements to systems / technical requirements. The SAP Solution Architect works alongside System Integration Partner Solution Architects, Business Process Experts, Technical Architect and other team members to deliver the complete solution for the business customer while adhering to SAP best practices, standards, and templates.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Produce conceptual and logical solution designs that address business requirements while respecting corporate and architectural standards and guidelines
- Work with domain and technical architects to develop detailed solution-specific application, data and infrastructure designs
- Guide project prepare/explore phase, estimate project work, and create high-level process design
- Research new solutions and establish the SAP Functional Roadmap
- Work with Project Managers during the planning phase to give input to methodology, scope, and processes
- Encourage collaboration between business units, IT departments, internal staff, etc.
- Mentor, develop, and motivate team members
- Assist business with identifying requirements and facilitate Best Practice User Story workshops
- Provide assistance to Project Teams to identify processes, interfaces, and impacts to downstream processes and systems
- Participate in resolving cross-functional and cross-system design issues
- Review Capital Budget requests to make sure they align with Target State Vision
- Participate in Project Deliverables review to ensure alignment with processes, standards, etc. and to establish and review project deliverables.
- Provide input for continuous improvement of department processes, project methodologies, etc
- Candidate must be self-motivated, able to quickly learn existing designs and integrate new project requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Proven presentation skills to executive leadership. Demonstrate the ability to document and communicate ideas to both business focused and technical focused audiences. Strong negotiation and problem solving skills used to align the business capabilities and IT systems.
- Must have at least 5 years Solution Architect Experience and 10+ years of SAP experience with at least 2 end-to-end SAP implementations and multiple US rollouts.
- Must have deep experience in more than one of the following areas: SAP Finance, Sales, Logistics, Supply Chain, SRM, Human Resources.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile and/or Activate Methodologies.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time, including international travel.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.