- The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
We are currently recruiting for SAP Skilled Practitioners – Application Developers. If you are on top of your profession and possess the following key skills, we invite you to apply to our openings.
We are looking for a various roles to add to our existing SAP support team, which is the largest co-located SAP team in Canada. We provide our client base both steady state and project support. Under the Application Development umbrella the following roles exist, SAP ABAP, BObj, BW, HANA, Hybris, Mobility, XI/PI/PO, and Portal Developers. Within the SAP ABAP role the following skills and areas of expertise would exist, APO, CRM, HANA, HR, ISU, SRM, WebUI and Workflow. We are always seeking a wide range of skills at various levels of expertise, and as such the suitable candidate(s) will have relevant experience of 2-10+ years in the applicable position being applied for.
Requirements (will of course vary depending on the position interviewed for, but will include one of more of the following skill sets):
- Demonstrated excellence in design, develop and support application solutions with focus on SAP Netweaver - Advanced Business Application Programming.
- Design, develop and/or re-engineer highly complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
- ABAP on HANA Application Developers would possess the knowledge of the following topics and apply them to bring in value and innovation to customer engagements: SAP HANA Technical Concept and Architecture; Data Modelling using HANA Studio; ABAP Development Tools (ADT); Code Performance Rules and Guidelines for SAP HANA; ADBC , Native SQL ,ABAP Core data Services , Data Base Procedures; Text Search , ALV on HANA; HANA Live models consumption.
- Experience with the design, build, and managing solutions using SAP Business Objects (BOBJ) tool to access, format, and deliver data as meaningful information. In the form of Reports. They use SAP BOBJ Query and Analysis tools to allow end users to interact with business information and answer ad hoc questions, without advanced knowledge of the underlying data sources and structures.
- Develops and supports applications with focus on SAP BI. Skills include SAP BI, SAP MDM, SAP ABAP, data modeling, data architecture, ETL (extract, transform, load), end-user reporting.
- Design and Development of SAP HANA Information Models. Strong experience with SQL Script, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Function Calls, Designing tables, data loads, Building HANA Views (Attribute, Analytical & Calc Views), testing with BI Reporting tools.
- A Hybris Developer will use experience of hybris Commerce Platform and Java background to analyze, design and develop application modules for multi-site e-commerce solution. The hybris Developer will be responsible for the delivery of high quality applications while using cutting edge Java technologies and practicing Agile Development and Continuous Integration.
- Assists clients in the design, development, & support of SAP eXchange Infrastructure (Electronic Data Interchange/Workflow). This role uses SAP package solution expertise to effectively integrate PI technology in the clients' business environment in order to achieve client expected business results.
- Assists clients in the design, development, & support of SAP (Netweaver) Enterprise Portal (EP). This role uses SAP package solution expertise to effectively integrate EP technology in the clients' business environment in order to achieve client expected business results.
- Knowledge of SAP Best practices
- Ticket and change management, on call support, ability to work as part of a global team.
- Ability to work smoothly and successfully with people of varied experience, skill levels, technical and business savvy, and personality type.
- Excellent communication skills required, including the ability to effectively lead meetings, facilitate solutions, motivate the development team, & create effective documentation.
- Detail oriented multi-tasker with ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands to targeted deadlines.
Education and qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Software Engineering.
- College diploma in an related IT field, System Administration, Application, Database or Network support
- SAP Certifications are an asset
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?