The Solution Delivery Organization is aligned within the enterprise process framework to the Accountable Executive/Global Process Owner (AE/GPO) organization for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. As a member of the Solution Delivery Organization, the Solution Architect will lead the analysis of business processes and working closely with the Solution Leader(s), Process/System analysts, as well as business and/or process experts to develop, document and deliver end-to-end SAP process and systems solutions which enable ADM’s strategy.
- Provide deep SAP functional & technical expertise in the given process area, as well as demonstrated knowledge of key integration points across SAP modules and technical components.
- Lead design for and deployment of highly complicated, integrated end-to-end solutions; facilitate integration with other IT delivery team member to ensure efficient and effective design, development and implementation of solutions.
- Provide leadership in planning/sequencing of end-to-end design workshops and support facilitation of workshops, leveraging knowledge of industry best practices and application of global SAP implementation experience.
- Guide complex fit/gap analysis and design decisions and validate fit/gap analysis and design decisions completed by less experienced team members; ensure deviations from “out of the box” functionality have sufficient business justification and positive value proposition
- Own overall inventory of reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms, and/or workflow (RICEFW)
- Review functional specifications for solutions in his/her process area
- Interface with 3rd party vendors for technical consulting during solution design, development, and ongoing support.
- Facilitate the relationship with development (RICEFW) team leaders; ensure teams are providing needed quality and development throughput
- Provide hands-on guidance of system configuration work conducted by process and systems analysts
- Provide input to architecture, security, and data standards; ensure end-to-end solutions adhere to these standards.
- Monitor work products of team members to ensure standard processes are followed when creating and maintaining solutions documentation for projects, enhancements, and support requests.
- Provide oversight to role based security designs and solutions
- Share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the respective process area
- In collaboration with the Solution Leaders, own the development, maintenance and communication of solutions roadmap for application(s) that service the business process
- In collaboration with the Solution Leader, own application portfolio management for his/her process area, including product introduction and retirement plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the application portfolio
- Provide regular and accurate status updates and other documentation to management and team members for assigned project, support, and enhancement work.
- Mentor and monitor progress of junior level personnel on complex projects
- In partnership with Enterprise Architect(s), stay abreast of and share industry trends and emerging technology topics
- Facilitate estimates for time and resource needs of identified solutions
- Manage change requests / deployment plans for his/her given process area, balancing speed to deliver with business and technical risk.
- Provide technical solution consultation for major decision points on M&A, Divestiture, and JV projects.
- Support project implementation transition to the support organization through documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Provide technical expertise required to resolve escalated support issues.
- As needed, provide technical leadership in support of audit requests.
- Partner with other process and system experts to identify and implement business process continuous improvements opportunities
- 7 – 10 years’ experience with progressive responsibility in one or more SAP modules; Experience with S/4HANA preferred.
- Deep knowledge of SAP solutions covering full Manufacturing processes : BOM management, Recipe/Routing Management, Production Planning, Discrete and Process Manufacturing Execution, 3rd Party Production / Subcontracting, Quality Management, and MRO/Plant Maintenance Operations (including Shop Floor integration). Experience with Warehouse Management/Extended Warehouse Management a plus
- Experience with dealing with key integration areas in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Finance; experience integrating SAP with external MES architecture a plus.
- Knowledge of standard SAP localizations in Manufacturing supporting global deployments
- Minimum of three full-lifecycle SAP deployments
- Exhibits ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Strong analytical, organization, time management, facilitation, and process management skills
- Demonstrated high level of written, verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate technical and non-technical information, ideas, procedures and processes.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and with all levels of the organization and cope with rapidly changing information
- Ability to evaluate and negotiate priorities and adapt to new/evolving individual and team assignments as adjustments are needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of an organization how current trends and technology can address identified business needs and capabilities
- Interact and deal effectively with all levels of employees while maintaining a professional manner; willingness and effectiveness in challenging the status-quo.
- Maintains a positive work environment through teamwork & conflict resolution
- Expected to work occasional weekends, holidays, overtime, or a variety of shifts, when needed, to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel by auto and air as needed to achieve business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree related to Information Systems, Business or other relevant academic discipline with a minimum 8 years job experience in IT or process area(s)
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.