Summary of Major Responsibilities
The SAP Operations Business Analyst provides first level support for SAP users and subject matter experts in the materials management, production planning, quality inspection and sales and distribution modules. This role serves as a liaison between SAP business users and IT/SAP configuration experts, internally and externally. The SAP Operations Business Analyst assists in evaluating, prioritizing and managing changes to the SAP system using appropriate change management processes, as well as develops and provides training on SAP for users.
A key aspect of this role will be working with the Operations teams to understand emerging company objectives, this role will research gaps in functionality, gather requirements of users and present recommendations to both technical and business teams. The individual will have a thorough understanding of the business processes and flows to enable the analysis of business requirements and the development of solutions for the business functions primarily between Operations and other departments. In addition, this role will be responsible for day to day support and daily operations for the SAP platform as it relates to the Operations organization and will be required to collaborate with third party vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support growing business with SAP enhancements and new implementations including process and system design, integration testing, validation, user training, and post go-live support.
- Provide production support to end users by troubleshooting system issues, analyzing processes, recommending course of action.
- Gather, analyze and document business and functional requirements. Translate needs of the business into applicable system design solutions.
- Develop solutions by performing SAP System Configuration, performing functional testing, working with end-users to complete and document user acceptance testing, writing system/user documentation, and training end users on functionality.
- Develop and maintain training materials and train new SAP users and increase knowledge base of subject matter experts. Support business users in creating and maintaining SOPs and work instructions required for cGMP processes.
- Coordinate with internal and external technical resources to resolve user issues and complete development tasks.
- Provide back-up support for SAP master data change requests.
- Participate on business project teams to evaluate SAP changes/enhancements needed to achieve corporate objectives.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 80% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to travel minimally between Madison office locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, supply chain, inventory, warehouse, computer science, MIS or related field; or High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience in a role configuring and supporting SAP, or as power user with hands-on experience with MM or PP modules of SAP.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Strong functional knowledge of the MM or PP related processes (e.g. Material Master, BOMs, PIRs, Vendor POs, inter/intra company STOs).
- Knowledge of the integration points of MM and PP to other SAP modules such as FI and CO.
- Knowledge of application systems development methodology.
- Ability to analyze, design, implement, and support applications.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills, being solutions oriented.
- Ability to work in teams to solve business problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of an organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be self-directed.
- Adaptable/flexible with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, frequently changing and evolving environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Tools (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Visio.
- Experience in a biotech/life sciences manufacturing environment, preferably in a cGMP, ISO 13485 and/or CLIA environment.
- Working knowledge of SAP configuration in MM/PP and/or experience implementing modules in SAP.
- Knowledge of warehouse management functionality across multiple plants.
- Knowledge of service management/plant maintenance.
- Experience with S/4 HANA and Fiori apps as a business user, or in technical support role.
- Knowledge of QM module functionality as business user, or in technical support role.
- Knowledge of Computer Systems Validation or equivalent best practices and of change control as it relates to application systems.
- Familiarity with project management processes.