The primary focus of the NNA SAP/MES Deployment Project Manager is to flawlessly execute the deployment of the Novelis enterprise SAP system and MES system across all plants in NNA over the next four years. This position will be responsible for managing the deployment responsibilities such as project budgeting/tracking, communications, creating/tracking project plans, scoping and validation of business requirements, oversee build/test activities, oversee end user training, oversee data conversions, cutover activities, and ensure transition from hypercare support phase into operational support. Over the next four years, the NNA portfolio of project work will be very complex and directed by an overarching portfolio Program Director to ensure flawless execution and integration. The portfolio includes implementing the existing enterprise SAP and MES systems across all plants in NNA in conjunction with other key strategic projects. This role will report directly to the IT Strategic Program Director and partner with all NNA functions, the Global SAP COE, and partner with all the NNA functions. The SAP-MES Deployment Project Manager will be responsible for managing all IT and business readiness components of the project. This includes overseeing the IT and business activities related to: the SAP solution, MES solution, integration between SAP and MES as well as integration between MES and Automation (L2). This role will also have vendor and SLA management for external project resources where used and will have 20-35 project resources (internal/external) to be managed at any given time. Responsibilities
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges.
- Identifies cross team dependencies and facilitates the resolution of business and project issues across project teams
- Facilitates the reviews and signoff of key deliverables and milestones between the project team and the business stakeholders.
- Develop consolidated project scope in terms of functions.
- Communicates and applies project methodology standards.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to the business organization.
- Ensures change control process to manage scope
- Owns, manages, and enforces the overall project plan during all phases of an SAP/MES implementation.
- Ensures integration across IT, Business and Site Coordinator
- Facilitates communications between the project team and the Site Coordinator
- Assists Strategic Program Director with Program Management and Steering Committee level reporting.
- Manages budget and resources in accordance with project schedule.
- Planning for overall test process to include strategy, scope, methodology, schedules, roles and responsibilities, system and infrastructure needs.
- Coordinates cutover activities between functional teams, global support teams, and site teams.
- Monitors and reports project stats and issues on a regular basis. Facilitates PMO and cross functional team meetings.
- Provides problem escalation to PMO and Steering Committee when necessary.
- Recruit, interview, and manage resource vendor relationships. Identify and manage resource needs and staffing process, including subject matter/regional resources.
- Collaborate with all NNA functions within the Novelis organization.
- Coordinate activities across all functional teams.
- Must have at least 8 to 12 years of experience managing large-scale projects and/or programs at global scale.
- Must have full scope ERP and MES integration management experience.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of the project management process.
- Must have exceptional leadership, communication and presentation skills and be able to motivate teams and manage internal customers.
- Must have proven ability to manage project costs.
- Must have good analytical and organizational skills.
- Must have manufacturing industry experience; “process manufacturing” a plus.
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree a plus.
- Strong team player and creative thinking for providing innovative solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication/documentation skills.
- PMP certification a plus.