Monitor, manage and successfully influence the performance of suppliers contracted by the company to provide IT services on an outsourced basis, ensuring service delivery in compliance with negotiated contracts to meet company needs. Establish and successfully manage on an ongoing basis the working relationships between the company and its outsourcing suppliers, with the goal of creating and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships. Serve as the primary point of contact between the company and its outsourcing suppliers, maintaining effective communication at all times between the parties.
The position will be involved in the full lifecycle involving the use of a supplier to perform outsourced IT services for the company, including but not limited to: (1) participation in gathering and/or understanding the company’s business requirements to be addressed/impacted by the supplier’s services; (2) participating in supplier identification and selection process – taking a leadership role; (3) participating in supplier contract reviews and negotiation – taking a leadership role; (4) project managing the implementation of the supplier’s services on behalf of the company; (5) monitoring, managing and influencing ongoing supplier performance; (6) managing change orders with suppliers; (7) reviewing and approving supplier invoices; and (8) managing contract renewals and/or contract terminations and decommissioning.
This position will be primarily focused on managing outsourced IT infrastructure and support services for an SAP S4HANA ERP environment, planned through 2025 to operate on the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) platform using Microsoft Azure, though management of other outsourced IT services is considered in scope for this role, as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, manage and successfully influence the performance of suppliers contracted by the company to provide IT services on an outsourced basis, ensuring service delivery in compliance with negotiated contracts to meet company needs. Establish and successfully manage on an ongoing basis the working relationships between the company and its outsourcing suppliers, with the goal of creating and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships. Serve as the primary point of contact between the company and its outsourcing suppliers for the full lifecycle of the supplier relationship, maintaining effective communication at all times between the parties. Resolve and/or escalate any issues, risks and concerns with the service provision, the supplier in general and future support requirements of the company with suppliers,
- Participate in gathering and/or understanding the company’s business requirements to be addressed/impacted by the supplier’s outsourced services – taking a leadership role when appropriate.
- Participate in the supplier selection and contracting process, typically leading this process on behalf of the company. Ensure that negotiated contracts meet company requirements in terms of: (1) the actual service, as contractually defined, to be provided by supplier to company; (2) service level agreements, disaster recovery and/or high availability; (3) post-implementation supportprocesses and procedures; (4) information access and security; (5) future change management; (6) decommissioning/transition services; and (7) general terms, conditions and pricing considerations. Communicate to appropriate company personnel a complete understanding of the supplier’s detailed offering and the associated negotiated contractual obligations of the parties.
- Manage the onboarding of new outsourcing suppliers. Serve as the company’s project manager on a frequent basis during the implementation of new outsourced IT services. Oversee supplier post-implementation supportprocesses and procedures on behalf of the company.
- Provide periodic internal supplier performance status reports to company leadership. Recommend changes to service provision, supplier contract terms/pricing and/or suppliers, as appropriate, to meet dynamic business needs, improve support and/or reduce costs.
- Continue personal professional development in the areas of business, leadership, project management, negotiation skills, and information technology. Continue to keep up-to-date with relevant outsourced information technology solutions and suppliers relevant to the company’s business. Continue to expand knowledge of the company's business with a focus on understanding the impact outsourced IT solutions have on internal operations. Cross-train on business software applications used at the company, with an emphasis on maintaining knowledge of SAP S4HANA ERP and any successor software.
- Travel (which will include overnights) as required to company sites, suppliers and training sites.
Education and Experience:
- BSc/BA in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experienceworking with SAP ERP infrastructure environments and a minimum of 3 years directly managing suppliers performing outsourced IT infrastructure and support services.
- Must have verifiable knowledge of, or experience, in the following areas: (1) IT infrastructure concepts and management; (2) operational and architectural knowledge of SAP ERP software components and hosting, ideally S4HANA running on Unix; (3) good understanding of SAP BASIS; (4) operational and management knowledge of private/public cloud offerings, experience with MS Azure required; (5) large IT project management; (6) extensive outsourced IT supplier selection and contract negotiation experience - including establishing SLAs, uptime requirements, penalties, etcetera; and (7) extensive experience monitoring, managing and influencing supplier performance to meet company service objectives. Experience with SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) strongly preferred.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations certification, or willingness to obtain this certification.
- Experience working in a medium to large multi-location company, operating multiple shifts on a 7 x 24 basis, with a centralized IT function strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or distribution company preferred, but not required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to be detailed-oriented while still maintaining a big picture perspective. Must have a solid understanding of corporate-wide functions, specifically how technology supports business processes.
- Ability to translate company business requirements into technical requirements for outsourcing suppliers.
- Ability to react under pressure to any given situation that may arise, in a professional manner and with positive results, in support of a multi-location, 7 X 24 environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Will be expected to communicate to employees and suppliers at all levels (including company executives) via: face to face meetings, conference calls, written messages and project documentation. Ideal candidate must have excellent presentation skills and meeting facilitation skills. Excellent negotiation skills; collaborative approach.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Can do attitude.
- Fast learner with ability to work independently, with limited direction.