This position expands on the traditional SAP ABAP role into SAP integrated systems and custom solutions. While ABAP will be the focus, we need a technologist who can pivot into multiple areas within our SAP Eco system, including new technologies in and outside SAP. He/She will be an individual contributor charged with the development and support of our ongoing SAP initiatives and integration solutions. Duties will include development, enhancements, troubleshooting, fixes, and ongoing maintenance of ECC and ABAP related customizations to the SAP applications which support the Company’s business areas. Duties also include ongoing project-based development work, as well as day to day support of existing integrations and SAP ancillary applications. Work with our Basis support team tomonitor the health and stability of the SAP echo system, provide insight into proactive changes and improvements to these systems. Serve as a technical expert resource for IT Staff in other SAP related areas.
- Leverage SAP and other programming best practices to create structured and reusable code that will enable Lord to quickly and efficiently implement new businesses or functionality into SAP and to provide ongoing level 2 & 3 support of existing systems and processes.
- Execute software and process design, development, and implementation for new functionalities and enhancements to business systems.
- Prepare technical specifications and develop the necessary programs and development objects.
- Partner with analysts and other developers to identify technology and application development opportunities to improve existing processes.
- Understand SAP master data and work closely with Master Data Management (MDM) team to address any technical requirements including integration and automation opportunities.
- This position will work on critical and complex projects where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making strategic solution recommendations.
- Work closely with SAP functional (WM, SD, MM, PP, FICO, EHS, EDI, etc.) personnel to implement and deploy changes to SAP and other integrated or interfaced systems.
- Develop interfaces and system solutions using ABAP programs, APIs, RFCs, Web Services, SAP Script, SAP Adobe Forms, LSMW's, etc. and using middleware platform Jitterbit.
- Support business analysts in creation of design reviews to extended teams of major changes.
- Interact with the business users to gather requirements, prepare project related documentation (functional design, technical design, test scripts) during the appropriate stages of a project or enhancement and perform change management.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders possessing various levels of technical knowledge. Ability to determine the underlying issue when presented with sometimes ambiguous and/or contradictory information; demonstrate good listening skills.
- Work with extended BASIS support for any SAP BASIS related tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of SAP experience combining work within a business function (Order-To-Cash, Manufacturing and Logistics) with business analysis, development, and integrations experience.
- Previous SAP Full Life Cycle Implementation experience in a global organization.
- Extensive experience in ABAP development, with both custom development and customizations to existing processes, IDOCs, ALE, RFC, BAPI, ALV, LSMW, ABAP Workbench, Data Dictionary, Reports (Classical and Interactive Reports), BDC (Batch-Input and Call Transaction Methods) and Enhancements (User exits, BADI’s, BTE’s etc..).
- Proficiency in navigating SAP troubleshooting/monitoring tools (e. g., ST22, SM13, SM59) to assist in the resolution of complex business functional issues.
- Proficiency in technical integration with non-SAP systems (e. g., IDOCs, ALE, API, IPAAS, BAPIS, WSDLs)
- Experience with SAP Smart Forms, Adobe forms, including custom forms and enhancements to existing SAP forms, output methods, determinations, etc.
- Experience developing and using Infosets, SQVI, SAP Query.
- Experience in full development life cycle - all areas and phases of the SDLC.
- Demonstrated ability to develop cross-technology skills into SAP-integration areas (SharePoint, BODs, HANA, Oracle DB, etc.)
- Expertise in SAP transactional navigation & configuration in one or more functional areas (e. g., OTC, PTP, FI)
- Experience with SAP Master Data and SharePoint.
- Must be able to translate and communicate technical issues to a business level understanding.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Master’s degree in computer, business or Engineering.
- Previous involvement in the deployment or optimization of an ERP (SAP) system.
- Previous position in Manufacturing (Discrete & Process industries) a plus.
- Previous experience with MS SharePoint, Nintex, Theobald, Jitterbit a plus.
- Experience working in projects where multiple functions work in a matrix structure.
- PMP Certification.
- Six Sigma Certification.
- SAP Relevant Certification.