The SAP Hybris Developer is a major contributor to the eCommerce team developing web applications on the SAP C/4 Commerce Hybris platform. Responsible for the technical analysis, the design, the implementation, and the unit testing of application software changes for the Haas SAP Hybris Ecommerce site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes and resolves application maintenance or production issues as they arise.
- Communicates capabilities/possibilities within applications.
- Meets business requirements and objectives by developing and implementing modification and/or configuration changes.
- Customizes application functionality to satisfy business requirements and business process design.
- Identifies, troubleshoots issues/problems and debugs the eCommerce system.
- Assists IT peers and users to solve problems or develop enhancements.
- Analyzes existing software programs and procedures, recommends additional programming methods and/or routines to improve efficiency.
- Performs configuration and set up to facilitate new functionality.
- Designs, develops and maintains new features on a SAP Hybris Ecommerce platform based on business requirements including integrations with internal and external systems.
- Communicates with business stakeholders, SMEs and third-party vendors.
- Mentors development team on SAP Commerce Hybris platform.
- Provides production maintenance and support of the existing site.
- Owns delivery of development cycles.
- Employees are expected to follow instructions, procedures and to escalate any issue impacting workflow, quality, etc. Additionally, there are high value items that require proper care and protection.
This job does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hands on experience on Hybris core architecture, cockpits, impex, and back office customization.
- 5+ years of SAP Hybris 6.0+ commerce development experience.
- Well versed in integrations with internal systems and external 3rd party vendor systems.
- Ability to code, review and mentor the team in best practices.
- At least two Hybris implementations, preferably B2C.
- Extensive application integration experience using API/Microservices.
- Must have experience with Hybris Backoffice, SAP OMS, OCC, WCMS.
- Experience with J2EE, Java and web applications (Spring all layers, Spring MVC, Velocity, JSTL, JSP).
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment, and working with source code control tools (such as Subversion/Git).
- Proven ability to work effectively with team members as well as various stakeholders within the company.
- Experience with SAP PI/PO.
- Working knowledge of Apache Solr search engine.
- Experience with eCommerce and payment processing.
- Strong in Object Oriented Design principles.
- Ability to participate in quality assurance activities including unit testing, QA testing and documentation of test scripts and testing instructions for UAT testing. In addition, candidate must be able to perform code reviews and vulnerability testing as required.
- Have excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Enjoy working with a team, while possessing a strong independent work ethic.
- Employees must exhibit honesty and integrity as well as demonstrate adherence to rules, procedures and policies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree BA/BS/BFA/BSA from a four-year college or university is required, plus an additional 5+ years related experience, training and/or equivalent experience in a web development related field.