Under normal supervision, this position is responsible for providing functional design, system configuration and end user support during projects and/or ongoing operational support of SAP HCM applications used to support the Medical College’s administrative operations. The incumbent will work directly with central administration and departmental users to gather business requirements, answer questions, set expectations, plan and deliver products and services to meet the business needs. The incumbent will support the development, testing, delivery, and maintenance of new and/or existing functionality
- Maintains functional knowledge and strong hands-on configuration knowledge of one or more SAP HCM modules to enable the effective delivery of support and enhancement for those modules
- Analyzes business requirements and develops detailed functional specifications. Reviews the functional specification with the users, SMEs, Senior SAP Business Analysts, HCM architect, and the ECG management to ensure correctness and consistency
- Performs required configurations to meet the business requirements and develops test scenarios and test data to completely test new functionality being added to the SAP implementation. Fully documents the results of all testing
- Provide post go-live support for user problems reported to the ITS Service Desk. Documents the correction of support cases in order to increase the support knowledge base which will allow the Service Desk to handle more calls on first contact.
- Maintains strong interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills. Is capable of providing support and encouragement to organization undergoing change.
- Review functional specifications with relevant Development, Basis and Security teams. Ensure that the technical specification and developed application are consistent with the functional specification.
- Assist the training team in the development of documentation including on-line help, training material and quick reference guides. Assist in the delivery of training, as needed. Provide one-on-one training and assistance to users, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
Minimum of five years hands on experience with SAP HCM modules and a sound understanding of SAP business applications in a variety of areas.
Minimum of 3 full lifecycle projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated SAP hands on experience in testing SAP ECC, SAP NetWeaver and Business Objects applications.
- Experience in Higher Education or Healthcare is highly desired.
- Strong verbal, written communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong training and technical presentation skills.
- Experience with SuccessFactors.
- SAP certifications and/or SAP training.
- Experience with Solution Manager for business process management and testing.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Occasional moving of computer equipment or similar objects up to approximately 50lbs may be required to expedite projects.
Position requires working in an office environment where some physical discomforts such as dust, dirt, noise and the like are present. Ability to work off-hours and weekends for go-lives, testing and emergencies, as well as light travel between office locations, primarily within NYC is required. Occasional meetings or clinical staff interactions in typical patient care areas may be required though direct patient exposure is not expected.