Key SAP Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in various leadership roles in the planning, design and deployment of SAP
- Developing SAParchitecture’s to meet business requirements in complex SAP environments, which includes the knowledge and experience with:
- Cloud solutions (specifically private, single tenant), virtual platforms and the future roadmap for SAP’s support of cloud
- Understanding of the SAP HANA offering, the underlying technology and how HANA will be used and its advantages and disadvantages, on-premise and in the cloud
- Integration across on-premise, private and public cloud platforms resident in one environment
- Sizing and scoping of core SAP platforms (ECC, NetWeaver, SCM, BI/BW, Portal, XI/PI, Solution Manager, etc)
- Additional tools required to run an SAP environment (e.g. BI Accelerator, TREX, SAP Web Dispatcher, etc),
- Disaster Recovery and High Availability specific to architecture components and landscape recommendations
- Compliance models such as HIPAA, Safe Harbor and FDA
- Hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity required for the SAP environment
Key Business Experience and Skills
- Extensive experience working for a Tier 1 or specialist boutique consulting group
- Demonstrated thought leadership in their respective field (speak at forums; whitepapers, etc.)
- Demonstrated cross functional leadership i.e. ability to look at the end to end process and understand how it fits together
- Excellent communication with executives and clients on both the business and IT side
- Ability to lead and facilitate design workshops (Blueprint), assessments, planning sessions i.e. demonstrate leadership experience in upfront projects
- Demonstrated ability to maneuver through complex and political organizations with multiple stakeholders i.e. what companies/clients has the candidate done this type of work for; who are all the stakeholders, how all the players together gain consensus.
- Provide technology and architectural leadership, strategic direction and long-term vision for the SAPinvestment; inspire creative solutions for maximizing the value contribution of that investment.
- Define and promote enterprise architecture standards and strategies.
- Making recommendations on strategic direction and roadmap for the use and implementation of SAP applications, as well as integrated third party systems
- Champion continuous improvement, driving inefficiencies out of implemented processes and solutions.
- Providing technical expertise on SAParchitecture and making recommendations to improve performance.
- Providing technical leadership on upgrades and maintenance planning for SAP applications.
- Conduct work effort estimation and develop work plans
- Advocate and enforce applicable standards, policies, procedures, and best practices in the implementation and/or maintenance of NetWeaver and its various components.
- Develop, communicate, and ensure adherence to relevant architectural artifacts such as policies, standards, guidelines, roadmaps, and maturity models.
- Provide insight on new SAPtechnology and how it can be leveraged appropriately to improve the current environment.