A SAP Functional Manager is responsible for providing technical direction, guidance, and training regarding the use and capabilities of SAP. After analyzing the company's, the procedures & process steps, and understanding the current SAP Configurations & active modules you will communicate current state and organize and lead cross-functional teams in developing and implementing project future state deliverables that will improve business performance and system usage.
A SAP Functional Manager works with leadership and other client users to identify business requirements, find usages and understanding gaps, and develop the proposals for improvement. You will develop team work plans, managing deadlines and coordinate and sub-team activities. Often the functional manager acts as an internal business consultant, mentor, coach, and trainer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create supply chain management ERP strategies that increase efficiency and speed
- Provide operational support and guidance to ensure maximum productivity
- Train and mentor MM and SCM employees and leaders
- Identify different types of data that needs tracking to improve business performance.
- Generate easy-to-interpret reports based on collected data.
- Support Ad Hoc, local and enterprise reports and data discoveries.
- Support system integration events and process improvements.
- SQL Scripting to extract or execute actions in ERP System.
- Robotic Automated Process Bot programming.
- Work with the management team to prioritize suggested changes to each business segment.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps.
- Provide project leadership, work direction and feedback.
- Motivate and influencing others outside of direct authority to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met.
- Convey and report status to executives, team members and all other key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Supply Chain, data science, information systems, industrial or manufacturing engineering, or an equivalent level of degree
- 5 to 10 Year Experience in Supply Chain Operations where SAP was the primary business management tool.
- Must be highly proficient or functional expert in SAP (Specifically many or all listed functional areas: MM, PP, SCM, and QM).
- Strong process, system, and industry knowledge and deep understanding of SAP software and methodology.
- Energetic, analytical, good organizational skills, and results oriented.
- Must be proficient MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS SharePoint.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, able to dialog with Senior Executives.
- Demonstrated client management and relationship management skills.
- Citizenship and Travel- US Citizen or Green Card Holder with ability to travel (Domestic and International) possibly up to 10%.
Experience with Analytics and Reporting Tools like Alteryx, SAS, Qlik Sense, Tableau, Yellowfin, or MS Power BI
Experience with Programming and Scripting languages like C, C++, R, JAVA, Ruby, Python, SQL and XML.