SAP Financials Analyst
5 - 7 years experience • Energy / Oil & Gas
Role: SAP Financials Analyst
Work Location: Madison, MS
Number of Positions: 1
Position Type: Full time
Company Description: Energy
US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.
LOCAL CANDIDATES STRONGLY PREFERRED HOWEVER RELOCATION ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED TO THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
The Business Analyst’s primary role is to serve as liaison between IT and one or more business units. This includes understanding the business unit’s strategy, objectives, issues and processes, bringing IT insights to business strategic planning activities, championing IT-related and IT-driven change, looking for ways to improve business processes, building & communicating business cases for IT projects, coordinating with IT and outside resources to insure quality delivery of IT services and projects, and managing projects. Business Analysts are familiar enough with some business processes to perform them, and they continually seek improvements. The Business Analyst manages the application portfolio for the business, including maintaining adequate process, data model and data flow documentation, developing business requirements and specification documents of moderate to high complexity for IT applications, working with technical architects to develop system and application interface designs, developing and executing test plans, and coordinating system implementations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the configuration and daily support of the assigned financial systems.
- Directs and participates in the analysis, configuration, modification, testing and implementation of SAP FI, CO, BPC, FSCM and related system modules, including SaaS applications. Analyzes data requirements, participates in the testing and the support of master data used in the financial applications and systems.
- Guides implementation of enterprise and system level architectures and systems by creating and communicating well-written documentation and presentations; and by providing coaching and mentoring to IT management and staff on FI, CO, COPA, and BPC functionality including but not limited to General Ledger Accounting (US GAAP), Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cost Elements, Cost Centers, Profit Centers, Product Costing, Profitability Analysis, Multi-Currency, BW Reporting. Plays a key role in enabling statutory, management, and tax, accounting and reporting.
- Charts business or IT processes by partnering with process owners and using appropriate methods and tools.
- Promotes effective use of system modules in solving business problems and improving business processes.
- Facilitates change management, training and communication of new processes and technology.
- Researches new technologies and development techniques by leveraging industry contacts, seminars, books, and hands-on experience.
- Educates internal personnel about new technologies and techniques through informal interactions, formal presentations, and training sessions
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation.
- Recommends changes in development, maintenance, and system standards.
- Maintains system integrity with application of system upgrades, changes and user updates.
- Participates in integration testing, conversion and deployment activities.
- Resolves testing defects.
- Supports training development and delivery as needed.
- Designs, develops and implements global system solutions.
- Trains user personnel in the conversion and implementation of the systems.
- Participates in global projects on cross-functional teams.
- Works with team leadership to organize and implement work assignments.
- Manages time effectively to meet deliverables’ deadlines.
- May manage systems development or process improvement projects by applying basic project management methodology.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- 5-8years’ experience in IT or a related business function.
- 4-5years’ experience with system configuration in SAP Financials modules.
- Experience in all aspects of the SAP systems development and implementation life cycle: methodology, analysis, design, development, test, implementation and support.
- Experience defining specifications for ABAP programming requirements.
- Multiple full-cycle systems implementation experience with responsibility for SAP FI/CO.
- Experience with test planning. Testing tool experiencepreferred.
- 3+ years accounting experience strongly preferred. The perfect candidate will have come out of a financial business operations role and moved in to IT/SAP
- Experience with SAP ECC 6.0 system releases is highly desirable.
- Experience in the process manufacturing industry, especially oil & gas, a plus.
- Fixed assets experience, including configuration of SAP EAM, a plus.
- PMI Certification highly desirable