The Technical Architect - Finance will be responsible for prioritizing and delivering the backlog of work based on business value, managing stake holder expectations, and serving as the point person for the technical expertise related to all finance applications. The Architect will be responsible for equipping finance professionals with solutions in A. O. Smith ecosystem that can drive continuous improvement, including automation. The incumbent will be responsible for the administration, oversight, and management of the daily maintenance of the SAP FICO Modules and cross-functional integration with various SAP modules and other external systems.
- Serve as a trusted technical advisor to our accounting, tax, treasury, and financial planning & analysis business teams by providing insights and delivering solutions that solve organizational problems.
- Develop solution architecture for the SAP FICO module and support integration with internal SAP modules & external 3rd Party applications.
- Responsible for the full systems development lifecycle from requirements gathering through configuration, interaction with the development team, testing, training, deployment, documentation of solutions, and post go-live support.
- Serve as the liaison between the internal and external customers and the technical teams.
- Collaborate with technology and business leaders to develop and implement financial process area roadmaps.
- Build strong relationships with business users and managers throughout the financial organization – AR, AP, Fixed Assets, Tax, Treasury, FP&A, G/L, Costing.
- Configures business systems to accommodate change requests or new processes.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of A. O. Smith business processes and strategy through collaboration and regular engagement with key stakeholders and process owners.
- Gather and document systems and process requirements through meetings, workshops, site visits, and job shadowing; create and maintain documentation on financial business processes
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, break high-level requirements into details, and distinguish user requests from underlying needs.
- Responsible for delivering the assigned projects on time, within budget while meeting the strategic business and technical requirement.
- Collaborate with other functional architects and business analysts to ensure end-to-end process integration and consistency.
- Support completion of incidents and enhancement requests and keep users up to date on status.
- Collaborate with the Master Data Management team to provide input on strategy and initiatives to support management reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in IS, Business, or related field, or equivalent work experience and training
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with business operations/processes to include analysis, design, documentation, and using industry best practices and standards
- Preferably 1 or 2 life cycle implementations of SAP ECC 6 or S4 HANA
- Experience in several, if not all, of the following SAP FICO sub-modules desired; General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Profit center accounting, cost center accounting, product costing, internal orders, and Profitability Analysis
- Must have experience with and understand many standard business processes and the SAP functionality that supports a manufacturing plant, with a focus on FICO
- Expertise in integration with Materials Management, Transportation Management, Sales and Distribution, Payroll & Human resources modules.
- Project management experience; continuous improvement skills and mindset
- Experience in managing S4 HANA, Concur, Vertex or SAP BPC/BW is a plus.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adjust to changing business needs by effectively managing and prioritizing concurrent assignments.
- Experience in implementing or managing a Robotic process automation is a plus.
- Capability to execute complex assignments and projects with minimal direction.
- Excellent communication skills focused on facilitation of meetings, ability to deliver informative, well organized documentation and presentations, and the ability to effectively communicate in difficult and sensitive situations.
- Knowledgeable in current Finance policies, practices, and ability to anticipate future trends affecting the business from a systems and process perspective.
- Technical skills required: Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel, Visio, and Word.