Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
If you are looking for big, global challenges, ABB Information Systems (IS) is the place to come. ABB's portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. To help us work more efficiently, you need to understand the power and potential of information technology. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with talented people all over the world.
ABB is establishing a regional IS organization to drive standardization and harmonization of solutions and to ensure delivery of high quality IS services for ABB business units within the region, by bringing significant focus on business value driven innovation and delivery as core competencies.
The role reports to the SAP Finance Domain Manager. As an SAP FICO Functional Analyst, you will be responsible to perform various ABB business analyses to support decisions regarding Information Systems (IS) solutions; Assists/supervises the appropriate Business Blueprint; functionally define solutions fulfilling customer requirements leveraging best practices, drive and follow up business demand to successful implementation.
As an IS SAP FICO Functional Analyst in the ABB IS organization, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced, international environment, solve complex problems, participate in building our IS solution capability and grow together with the rapidly developing business.
- IS Service Delivery: Collaborates with IS Service Managers, Business Process Specialist, IS Business Engagement Manager, IS Service Managers and IS Application Owner to estimate the effort for IS solution/services development, change requests and releases.
- Translates requirements from projects and changes into specifications for internal and external delivery parties.
- Understands the related business processes in detail and applies this knowledge to shape and align IS solution/services building and delivery activities.
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the relevant area of responsibility, contributing technical and business process/data expertise to either support ongoing operations or develop new software.
- Supports the Business Partner in the qualification of the business request for assigned service(s).
- Maintains a view of upcoming demand within the services in scope.
- Pre-qualifies and prioritizes change requests, escalates changes that should be to the IS Service Manager.
- Provides consultation, gives advice and supports the installation of new IS solutions/ services, or the changing of existing IS solutions/services.
- For assigned tasks, executes all actions in IS processes according to the agreed Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed (RACIS) definition.
- Supports the Run Organization in the incident and problem resolution when functional verification is required.
- Defines the technical IS solution and ensures alignment with other modules and surrounding IS applications through cooperation and collaboration across IS solution architects and IS delivery units.
- Supports validation and prioritization of incoming business demand in collaboration with the relevant IS Service Manager and/or Global IS Domain Architect.
- Drive strong governance mindset to follow/enforce tools, methods, procedures and governance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with the allocated team.
- In concert with the Global IS Domain Architect ensures that IS solution/service-related standards are considered accordingly.
- Review and sign off the functional and technical use case specifications.
- IS Strategy, IS Standards: Keeps up-to-date and informed of ABB IS Enterprise Architecture and ABB IS Strategy planned or ad-hoc changes. Stays abreast of any incident, change or project which has or might have a major impact on the relevant part of the service.
- Ensures work in the delivery domain is compliant with ABB IS Enterprise Architecture, the ABB IS Application Roadmap and any other applicable ABB Group Directives and ABB Group Guidelines, especially ABB IS Guidelines and Directive, that deal with IS service delivery.
- Engages in requirement engineering to decide which requirements are covered by available standard functionalities, for which functionalities enhancements are needed and for which functionalities workarounds are accepted.
- Drive ABB IS organization towards an integrated ERP model, maximizing the usage of standard SAP functionality and driving common processes across countries and divisions.
- People leadership and development: Provides guidance or support to delivery teams, guiding and monitoring task completion, sharing expert knowledge and advice without carrying line responsibility.
- Provides guidance to Functional Analysts on the team to ensure best practices are followed.
- Budget: Manages assigned budget effectively and delivers activities within agreed schedules and costs. Participates in the definition of costs and schedules.
- Stakeholder Management: Works with various Business and IS stakeholders to design effective solutions that drive business value and ensures stakeholder alignment for the ERP SAP Domain's solution approach.
- SAP FICO Solution Architect: Configuration encompass all aspects of business-related product and service customization for customer needs, using knowledge-based and rules-driven models and tools to formulate a complete product or service design.
- Works with all SAP Domain Solution Architects and Functional Analysts to understand business and functional requirements.
- Translates functional requirements into modern, consistent application architecture and delivery end-to-end solution delivery.
- Ensures designed solutions are in line with the common application architecture for the Americas region.
- Provides guidance to developers in implementing the designed solutions and contributes to solution delivery with a hands-on positive attitude.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years of IS domain experience.
- Accounting degree preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Strong knowledge in SAP FICO module with a minimum of four full life cycle implementations.
- Minimum 5 years SAP configuration experience in SAP FICO Module: hands on experience for testing, design and configuration in FICO related processes is required.
- Strong understanding and integration points with SAP modules (PS, SD, PP, MM, CS and HR) is preferred.
- Ability to communicate with project management, operations, and controlling within the business community. Be able to drive projects thru standard project methodology.
- Additional knowledge of transactional processes and configuration for the following areas a plus: CO-PA, Product Costing, Cost Object (i.e. MTO/MTS/ETO), Results Analysis, Assessments/Distribution, Profitability Analysis, Project & Overhead Accounting.
- 5 to 7 years direct SAP FICO Functional experience delivery and/or Support and Operations.
- 4 to 5 End-to-End SAP Projects delivery (Design through Post Go-live Support).
- Superior experience in objectively evaluating IS solutions and making recommendations.
- Excellent analytical skills and a deep understanding of the overall context of business processes and IS technologies.
- Excellent experience in project planning and execution as well as understanding or anticipating the economic aspects of system management and life cycle.
- Fluent spoken and written English and French preferred, Spanish is also an asset.