SAP Developer Senior
5 - 7 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
Responsible for working with business areas, project teams, and IT technical teams, as well as, outsourced vendors to ensure quality SAP application support and project delivery services.
Manages SAP application assets and mitigates risk through multiple code environments. Provides complex or highly complex support of the SAP development tool set, develops software, and coordinates maintenance and enhancement activities to support all aspects of application delivery.
Focus is on SAP enhancements for large enhancement/project work. Contributes to the implementation of a functional strategy.
- Provides daily support and resolves complex or highly complex technical issues related to SAP upgrades and/or releases. Works withSAP Principle Developer to define system scope, objectives and solutions based on user needs and documents detailed design of components/aspects of the software.
- Performs complex system enhancements/customization such as user exits, enhancement framework and BADI (Business Add-in). Participates as a SAP functional and technical subject matter expert in design, development, coding, testing and debugging new software and making enhancements to existing software.
- Consults with business areas and IT technical resources regarding requirements, system scope, objectives and quality solutions based on user needs, and develops estimates.
- Resolves customer issues with software and initiates and delivers suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Works with technical staff to resolve complex software problems.
- Prepares detailed specifications for ABAP programs for large and/or complex software enhancements.
- Leads prototyping and testing activities, ensure technical documentation is accurate and leads design and code reviews.
- Provides direction to others and serves as a mentor. 8) Provides suggestions for continuous improvement efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of related experience, or 9 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex development with the SAP Development Tool Set.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/team skills to effectively interact and collaborate with others
- Ability to perform complex development using SAP development tools, such as technical objects used in reports and/or applications, deliver solutions using various UI development tools
- Demonstrated understanding of SAP Portal and the various technical objects used in SAP Portal.
- Demonstrated ability to develop Workflow and perform Workflow configuration, SAPscript forms, Smartforms, Adobe print forms, Object Oriented ABAP, ABAP OO.
- Experience using SAP interfacing capabilities with external systems.
- Experience with SAP or similar enterprise applications.
- Experience with HR, Payroll and/or Finance applications.
- Technical Certification Participation in user groups.