The SAP Data Services (DS) and SAP Business Objects Functional Analyst (BOBJ) position will be responsible for the successful maintenance, administration and growth of the SAP DS and BOBJ environments. They will work closely within IT to ensure system stability and performance is at the highest possible levels. They will work with the Infrastructure and Architecture teams to ensure that the best practices for data integration (DI) implementations are followed for both SAP source/target systems as well as non SAP source/target systems. The individual that fills this role will have the opportunity to work closely with a team that encourages development and collaboration with the immediate goal of supporting the DI Development Team within a Top Fortune 20 company.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Designs, implements, administers and monitors multiple SAPDS and BOBJ environments.
- Tests, deploys and promotes codes and or reports/packages to all environments.
- Works analytically to solve both tactical and strategic problems simultaneously.
- Provides proactive approach to application maintenance, administration and monitoring.
- Provides Tier 2/3 support for incidents resolution with a focus on problem management.
- Coordinates and participates in key process improvements and develop long-term strategic goals for the data services environments.
- Cross-functional collaboration to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands.
- Evaluates, understands and implements security patches and updates.
- Implements policies, procedures and technologies to ensure security follows best practices.
- Maintains regulatory compliance (SOX) controls for the environment.
- Implements and maintains database/data source connections and security procedures.
- Participate in:
- Landscape Architecture Design
- Code Optimization / Query Tuning
- Capacity Planning
- Provides support to the user community using incident and problem management tools, email, and voicemail.
- Periodic off-hours work required including weekends and holidays. Must be able to provide 24 by 7 on-call support as necessary.
- Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
- Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
- Required:Minimum of 3 years' experience supporting SAP Data Services and Business Object environments
- SAP DS v4.x (with IPS - Information Platform Services; IS - Information Steward).
- Ability to install/monitor/upgrade/patch SAP Data Services and Business Objects in both Linux & Windows based environments.
- Experience with complex multi-server tiered/clustered environments.
- Experience with High Availability environments.
- Proficient in operating system utilities as well as server monitoring and diagnostic tools to troubleshoot server software and network issues.
- Strong script skillings (i.e. Bash, Powershell, perl, etc.)
- Knowledge of Relational Databases and other Data Sources (HANA, BW, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of associated industry protocol standards such as: LDAP, DNS, TCP/IP, etc.
- Understanding of Enterprise level services - Active Directory, SAML, PKI Infrastructure (Venafi).
- Security experience including SSL certificates,TLS, hardening, PEN tests, etc.
- Recommended:Configuration Management experience (puppet preferred).
- Version control experience (git preferred).
- Experience with other SAP Integration tools (Smart Data Integration, Migration Cockpit, HANA Cloud Integration).
- Experience in the Retail industry.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent formal training and experience.
- Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
- Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.