FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow the world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC Corporation is seeking a motivated team member to be a working lead of an IT Finance and Consolidations team. The scope of this position requires a solid understanding of Finance and Consolidations related processes and available technology solutions. He/She will employ business and IT skills to design, build, develop, and deliver world-class solutions in a partnership approach with FMC business leadership. He/She will lead global SAP functional resources to ensure recommended solutions leverage existing solutions and technologies while satisfying business requirements. The SAP Business Process Lead must be able to work independently, motivate others, effectively delegate and direct, and transmit a strong sense of confidence in aligning IT priorities to help the business achieve their vision and growth objectives.
The Business Process Lead role requires strong business process knowledge, and expertise working with packaged solutions, such as SAP, to effectively deliver Finance and Consolidations capabilities. The Business Process Lead is responsible for working in conjunction with business leadership and IT Business Analysts to understand and document requirements, define functional and technical solutions, evaluate available solutions; define acceptance criteria & test strategies, develop required configuration, direct programming resources in the delivery of technical solutions, work with business constituents on testing and sign-off, ensure delivery of training material, manage assigned project management responsibilities, and report on project status and progress on a regular basis.
- Accountable for process analysis, requirements definition, design and simulation at the most complex level. Focused on expanding use of ERP solution, process improvement, quality improvement, and re-engineering opportunities
- Functions as a project manager on small to mid-size projects or functional lead on mid-size to large projects, responsible for working closely with the project manager to coordinate team resources to successfully meet the project objectives in terms of functionality, time and cost.
- Follows standard project methodology
- Considers impact of project on existing Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Develops and manages the plan for their segment of the project
- Coordinates the work for and motivates other resources to meet project objectives. Performs configuration and develops program specifications required to meet the project objectives
- Identifies potential issues, which may impede delivering on business requirements, bringing those issues to the attention of the project manager and driving to resolution to obtain business results.
- Will manage/coordinate work efforts of consultant(s) who are working on one or more projects. Will be accountable for consultant delivery of knowledge transfer to support organization and for delivery of proper documentation
- Ensures effective coordination and communication with COE Finance Lead to maintain stable Production environment
- Provides expert advice and counsel to user management and IT project teams for systems and processes in Finance & Consolidations
- Works with IT and end users to map new business processes on the SAP (and other related) system and works with end user community on potential enhancements.
- Independently identifies business process improvement opportunities and builds business case to encourage the business to implement these solutions.
- Ensures functional business requests are consistent with the CIT governance strategy and the IT business support model – is responsible for approval of enhancement requests.
- Coordinates successfully with the Center of Excellence Manager and the Finance Support Lead.
- When needed, will work with the Center of Excellence on Level 3support and enhancement change requests. Ensures proper knowledge transfer and documentation to enable transition to COE.
- Effectively communicates significant changes to colleagues and the end user community in a timely manner.
- Responsible for documenting business procedures relating to new functionality, up-to-date configuration, end user training materials
- Maintains current knowledge of SAP Finance and Consolidations solutions, and is able to determine relevance for FMC
- Reviews/Approves design for any proposed process design change
- Will have approval and emergency approval responsibility for any change to the SAP environment in their area of expertise.
- Performs team lead functions including coordinating resource assignments for projects, identifying development opportunities for team members, ensuring sufficient coverage for key functional areas, providing guidance, instruction, and direction to functional team members, managing and monitoring costs within agreed upon budget.
- Will take on full people management functionality of conducting annual performance appraisals and development plan discussions with employees
- Responsible for team-building and ensuring teamwork
- Ensures resources are delivering high quality, cost effective solutions in a timely manner following existing change management.
- Ensures sufficient support for key business processes by facilitating cross-training and mentoring activities
- BS Degree, preferably in a technical discipline or the relevant functional discipline (Engineering or Mathematics, Finance)
- Post-graduate degree is preferred.
- 6+ years of project delivery experience in complex Finance & Consolidations environments.
- 8+ years of design, implementation, or support of Finance & Consolidations solutions
- 2+ years of project or team lead experience
- Strong Knowledge and experience with SAP Finance related modules (GL, AP, Taxes, Currencies, FA, SPL, etc.) version 4.6C or higher is required (demonstrated ability to configure)
- Experience with a Consolidation System is preferred (BPC is preferred)
- Strong Knowledge of Business processes is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills to communicate with non-technical clients, IT professionals, and management.
- Demonstrated successful project and delivery management
- Process improvement leadership
- Ability to build consensus; can motivate, empower and develop others
- Possess a thorough knowledge of Finance & Consolidations processes initiatives sufficient to be credible and influential with senior management and partners
- Experience in delegation of tasks, direction of team members, and coordination of work of a team
- Action Oriented
- Building Effective Teams
- Business Acumen
- Comfort Around Top Management
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Develop Direct Reports
- Directing Others
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managing Through Others
- Motivating Others
- Organizational Agility
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Agility
- Written Communication Skills