Summary Responsible for maintaining a high standard of customer satisfaction in leading and executing assigned technology initiatives within the supply chain area. This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job position. This job position may be changed or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned. Duties and Responsibilities Essential Functions Only:
- Demonstrates and maintains expert knowledge/leadership in configuring and supporting SAP in the areas of Production Planning (PP) and Warehouse Management (WM) to conform to evolving business practices.
- Exhibits a primary understanding of production/manufacturing processes, concepts and SAP best practice, which includes but is not limited to Material Master, Work Centers, Bill of Materials (BOM), Production Order Creation, Stock and Batch Management, Production Scheduling, Planned Orders, Forecasting, Sales and Operations Planning, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Planning, Capacity Planning, Quality Control and Shop Floor Control.
- Exhibits a secondary understanding of warehouse management processes, concepts and SAP best practice, which includes but is not limited to Handling Units/Storage Units, Stock Management, Warehouse Movements, Barcoding/Scanning, Goods Receipts/Goods Issues, Picking & Put away Strategies, Inventory Processes and Cross Docking.
- Develops, maintains and communicates a rolling 3-5 year strategic plan to management and/or senior levels of the company outlining the timing/priority of technical initiatives for supply chain.
- Communicates complex specifications cross functionally with technical and non-technical resources to implement new supply chain process/solutions that meet business requirements.
- Analyzes new opportunities to proactively leverage SAP and othertechnologies across the organization in an effort to improve business processes.
- Translates SAP requirements to functional specifications for reporting, interfaces, data conversions, enhancements, forms, and workflows.
- Supports development and maintenance of project scope/objectives through requirements gathering, goal prioritization, planning, scheduling, identification of risks, and contingency plans.
- Develops quality assurance test plans and leads quality assurance testing for the Company in prescribed areas of expertise.
- Develops and maintains technical/functional project documentation.
- Manages individual workload and delivers against agreed upon project milestones.
- Willing and motivated to recommend, design, develop, and implement business processes involving 3rd party technologies that may or may not interact with SAP in order to effectively meet business objectives.
- Will officially serve in the capacity of project manager on small to medium projects.
- Serves as analyst in scoping/developing metrics and statistical data reporting to support decisions in the supply chain area.
- Acts as a liaison between the Technology Department and business units by:
- Opening and maintaining lines of communication to monitor and improve business unit satisfaction with Technology.
- Acting on occasion as a single point of contact and conduit for business units into Technology.
- Making recommendations for product and/or process enhancements.
- Managing business unit expectations of Technology.
- Facilitating communications between the various stakeholders and collaborates with internal cross-functional teams to provide technical advice and solutions.
- Participating and/or leading Business Process Modeling sessions, acting as a documentarian, co-facilitator, facilitator, or subject matter expert in sketch sessions.
- Conducting interviews and performing analysis in order to create Business Cases and/or Business Process models for projects.
- Employing tools in Business Process Management group efforts to collect and analyze metrics and continually improve processes owned by the group.
- Participates in root cause analysis in order to recommend product and/or process enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve productivity for both the business units and Technology.
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications Description Education and Experience
- BS in Business or Computer Science with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in business operations and/or 5 years of systems development related to warehousing, production and/or manufacturing.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience with SAP WM/IM and/or PP modules with a thorough understanding of the integration required with other relevant areas/modules in SAP.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products, Project Management software and SAP
- Requires excellent communication, analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills, data/business process modeling, knowledge of competition, industry happenings and knowledge of how the Company is positioning.
- Exhibits the ability to form, lead and/or be a participant in a cross functional team.
- Maintains a superior level of attention to detail, time management, organization and problem solving skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Demonstrates excellent requirements gathering and quality assurance testing skills, ensuring business needs are met.
- Effectively influences others and accepts constructive feedback
- Green coffee knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Valid driver’s license
Travel Time Must be able to travel up to 5% of the time. Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularlyrequired to do the following:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is :
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.; regularly required to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.