A Business Analyst conducts research, monitors, maintains, and optimizes business solutions.
Knowledge of business processes and SAP within a specific area(s) of responsibility, defined by the position. Directly support users and corporate processes in the assigned area. Researches gaps in functionality, gathers requirements of users and presents recommendations to teams both technical and business.
Excellent grasp of industry and subject matter best practices, trends, and concepts. Ability to apply these concepts into the SAP environment and business process. Strong Leadership skills, especially in the handling of Organization Change Management are strongly desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support SAP ECC and related software.
- Knowledge of Sales and Distribution techniques, methods, and tools. Subject matter best practices.
- Knowledge of SAPreporting capabilities.
- Develop IT and end-user documentation for processes and procedures.
- Participate in Service Desk function to resolve user related support calls.
- Prepare and execute test plans for new functionality.
- Publish communication related to the deployment of new functionality.
- Translate user requests into user requirements and program specifications.
- Work with Enterprise Shared Services and programmers to assure compliance to program specifications
- Develop training outlines for end-users and collaborate with documentation specialists
- Liaise with Divisional Management to understand direction within their functional area of responsibility
- Monitor compliance with Service Level Agreements for site.
- Support business initiatives utilizing Project Management expertise.
- Maintain security in compliance with ThermoFisher Security directives.
- Ensure compliance to Thermo Fisher IT Policies and Guidelines.
- Travel can range from 25%-50%.
- Gather user requirements to develop solutions and alternatives.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Translate high-level information into details as well as summarize detailed information.
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Work with users to define concepts under direction of project leaders.
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent knowledge of business processes and best practices.
- Knowledge of SAP in specified area.
- Knowledge of Thermo Fisher SAPTemplate a plus.
- 3-7 years of business experience in functional area.
- 2-4 years of SAPexperience.
- 4 yeardegree or 5-7 years experience in related area.
- Relevant technical certificates a plus.
- 4+ years of related technical work experience.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently.
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
FUNCTIONS WITHIN ISO:
- To understand the quality policy and objectives for quality.
- Perform duties and responsibilities according to the documented quality system.
- Recommend and implement improvements to activities and processes within the quality system.
- Have awareness of ITIL and other related quality/IT processes.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.