We are looking for SAP BO Consultant for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: SAP BO Consultant
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- Client has implemented SAP Finance, Material Management and HR. Client is leading the effort to report their finance & HR data with their existing system KPIs as well as with historical archives. Client has a current SAP Business Objects implementation that needs ongoing Operations, Maintenance, Changes, and Enhancements as well as architectural leadership as client goes through major data reporting changes and needs.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within project schedules and other defined deadlines, candidate will provide functional and technical services including:
- Design reporting architecture and platform configuration requirements to meet the high demand for analytical, operational, and compliance reporting.
- Architect reporting data structures from DHHS data sources, both relational and non-relational.
- Refine report and dashboard requirements with project team members, finance and HR subject matter experts, and executives
- Design, prototype, develop, test and implement BusinessObjects universes, WebIntelligence reports, Xcelsius dashboards and/or Explorer Info Spaces to meet those requirements
- Assist in source data investigation plus help design/refine data models and strategies into an integrated, high performing data warehouse design, allowing for robust reporting and analytical capabilities
- Develop and execute unit, system and user acceptance test plans
- Resolve technical and business issues
- Help mentor finance and HR staff and executives on InfoView, WebIntelligence & Explorer
- Help maintain and upgrade SAP Business Objects Enterprise, Explorer and Data Federator as appropriate
- Work closely with network, database & system administrators
- Provide technical knowledge transfer via paired programming, peer coaching, and written documentation.
- Provide effective and timely oral and written communications to management, peers and users
- Identify and escalate issues and risks to management in a timely manner
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Experienced with installation and configuration of Business Objects software
- 3+ years of experience in developing and implementing universes and WebIntelligence reports
- Experienced in developing and implementing Xcelsius dashboards
- Able to interpret and document business requirements, develop technical specifications and test processes to meet requirements
- Able to formulate technical resolutions to business issues
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Able to work closely with others in a team environment
- Able to work independently, self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills;
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Experience with BusinessObjects Explorer and Data Federator
- Experienced in full lifecycle of data warehouse delivery including analysis, design, dimensional modeling, development, testing, implementation, training and support
- Familiarity with major industry relational and non-relational database management systems
- Proficient with MS Office tools (e.g. Word, Excel, Visio, Project)
- Public Sector/Gov?t Experience - Not required, but preferred
- Bachelors in IT, Business or equivalent experience
- MCSA, MCSE, SAP CERTIFIED APPLICATION ASSOCIATE,.