To provide National Grid Basis and technical support. Obtain and retain in-house Basis knowledge. This role would also lessen our dependence on third party vendors who provide critical systems administration work for our SAP applications.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Provides technical support on SAP Basis and interfacing systems including establishing standards and requirements, evaluating and directing enhancements, and implementing solutions for systems configuration, design and implementation and performance monitoring as required.
- Schedule and facilitate all 3rd Party Vendor Meetings to ensure quality support; build and foster good vendor rapport
- Issue resolution – create reports for daily review and follow-up on all vendor project tickets/issues
- Create and maintain systems inventory and where-used plans
- Coordinate, track and ensure production changes are applied and validated on all project systems daily
- Organize and drive global SAP Success Factor Systems, which includes scheduling and managing ALL Success Factor refreshes; reviewing and coordinating all Success Factor global requests ensuring error-free and non-conflicting system builds
- Responsible for working with the 3rd Party Vendor providing directions on the installation, upgrade and support of all components of the SAP and interfacing systems infrastructure; coordinate and confirm system build & refresh validations
- Ensure all projects (SAP based and interfacing) systems are installed and operate reliably and efficiently in a secure environment. This includes working with the hosting, infrastructure, functional and application vendors on configuration and maintenance of network, high availability and disaster recover solutions
- Maintain daily contact with the SAP Basis Lead regarding work progress
- Complete quality documentation for the SAP environments.
- Provide support for other application and services as requested by the Basis manager.
- Contribute as possible where the area is outside of the job holder’s technical expertise.
- Support and provide guidance to in-house and vendor support teams. Provide second/third line technical support.
- Experience implementing and supporting SAP ECC with specialism in one or more components such as ECC, BI, Business Objects, PI, Portal, SRM, HANA
- Knowledge of Linux (Red Hat Linux, Oracle Enterprise, SUSE), database administration (Oracle, SQL Server), network administration and SAN administration, Change Management
- Ability to introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance.
- Ability and willingness to document processes and procedures for future use and knowledge transfer
- Positive attitude, energetic, driven - goes the extra mile, confident, is committed, enthusiastic and determined - willing to take on challenges and has a can-do mind-set.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Provides the best services possible, yearns for the best outcome, is curious and takes ownership
- Team focused – looks to the success of the whole rather than the self and see the ‘bigger picture’
- Requires at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.