Reporting to a Partner, the Associate Partner will maintain an effective business relationship with the client's management team and influence the overall success of GBS offerings within the market. S/he will work engage on a full time basis to deliver large scale SAP transformations within the Industrial Industry with a specific focus on the Automotive sector. Primary interfaces within IBM will be the GBS team (industry experts, solution owners, your GBS peers) and the client team (which has overall IBM account responsibility).
The incumbent will contribute to the development and delivery of solutions to the industry, based on first-hand experience. S/he will understand the challenges faced by the industry today and will be inspired by the opportunity to work in a team to develop new processes and technologies to overcome these challenges.
The Associate Partner will lead the creation of new business opportunities within the Industrial industry and will be accountable for success through to the end of client engagements. S/he must have extensive delivery experience, a track-record of effective leadership and must be recognized as an expert within the Automotive sector.
The Associate Partner will be accountable for the financial success and client satisfaction of engagements. Candidate will define criteria for the scope, risk and profitability of engagements, as well as the viability of new business opportunities. Responsible for developing lasting relationships based on mutual respect with clients’ decision makers. Will direct the development of new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new markets.
The Associate Partner will contribute to and be held accountable for the attainment of business objectives. Individual will also support the health and development of the practice through regular communication and participation in mentoring or coaching activities. Develop strong and trusted relationships with other areas of IBM and with team members to achieve quick responses to client demands.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Other Project Management
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Solid experience in the Industrial Industry with a specific focus on the Automotive Sector, including intimate knowledge of current industry trends and challenges
• A relevant academic background, preferably with accreditation from a professional association
• Expert knowledge of SAP applications, IT operations, ERP systems, and other related technologies
• Relevant program and project management accreditation
• At least 10 years of progressive post-graduate business experience
• Proven ability to communicate effectively at the executive level
• Demonstrated people management ability to lead and mentor staff of all levels
• Demonstrated business acumen including superior negotiation skills and contract/profit management
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
• Willing and able to travel as required but ideally located in Toronto.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
At least 10 years' industry experience;
A background in consulting or professional services industries is highly desirable.
Candidate must have the ability to work in Canada without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%. Candidates are not able to refuse project based on travel.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?