Tracking Code 219460-021Job Description
The SAP Architect will be responsible for architecture and design of the SAP systems supporting the KCS landscape. This includes solution architecture oversight for the existing footprint consisting of SAP Finance, Controlling, Materials Management, Project Systems, Plant Maintenance, HR, Payroll and GRC Access Control.
This individual is responsible for leveraging SAP products to enable the organization's future-state business capabilities, which can enable or alter business processes or practices that, in turn, drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
The SAP architect will develop deliverables that are valuable to the business, including business capabilities, business requirements and workflow. Determine which application within the current/future business application portfolio best supports the requirements and processes.
Must be able to articulate a business application simplification roadmap aligned to increased SAP adoption to Senior Level IT and business stakeholders and describe business operations impact (change management).
Works with other Solution Architects to discuss and document master data, integration, and cross business application processes and dependencies.
Strong railroad experience supplemented by SAP technical and functional experience is desirable.
We need an individual who is able to look at the Big Picture but also able to roll up his/her sleeves and dig into the details.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent bachelor’s degree in engineering or quantitative discipline (mathematics, statistics)
- 14 years of experience in an Architect role focused on SAP
- At least 6 SAP full lifecycle implementations.
- Experience in Earned Value Management approach to SAP solution rationalization.
- S/4 HANA Simple Finance experience
- Railroad experience
- Mexico experience
- Big-4 experience HIGHLY desirable.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proven leadership in managing, governing and providing oversight of internal teams, 3rd party integrators, consultants and vendors.
- Knowledge of existing, new and emerging technologies and being able to practically them to new business designs and business modelsStrong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts and theories for a variety of projects
- Experience in developing solution architecture for Record to Report (Finance), Hire to Retire (HR), Procure To Pay (Purchasing), and Acquire to Retire (Asset Management) functions.
- Experience working with Fiori, NetWeaver Gateway, BW/BO, SAP Cloud Platform Integration, Mulesoft.
- Experience implementing Solution Manager capabilities: Solutions Monitoring, Automated customizing Synchronization, Testing (integration with HP-ALM), Development (Solution Implementation, Central User Administration (CUA), Change Request Management (ChaRM), Support Desk), Service Level Reporting and Central Performance History (CPH).
- Works with SAP Basis and IT Shared Services teams on topics such as capacity planning, system performance, system monitoring.
Provide ERP architectural support:
- Provides consulting on solutions, including how to leverage standard SAP technologies/functionality and how to enable requirements while minimizing on-going maintenance costs.Responsible for working with Basis team in sizing new systems. Recommend deployment options for SAP solution.
- Translates business requirements into specific system, application or process designs covering both functional and non-functional aspects.
- Strong understanding of business best practices.
- Capability to quickly acquire understanding of processes and of integrated non-SAP systems.
- Ability to translate business requirements into best in class SAP solutions.
- Participates in multiple design activities, from requirements analysis to systems, application and/or process design specification.
- Provide expertise on application architecture design or application rationalization
- Owns integration strategy in the SAP ecosystem.
- Owns SAP Roadmap: Partners with other Architects, vendors, business and technical teams to understand SAP system needs and translate into capability and platform roadmaps.
- Owns the SAP solution template and design and drives the SAP solution roadmap within the business.
- Work with enterprise architects and key organizational stakeholders to define a strategic plan for leveraging integrated business architecture as part of the enterprise architecture.
- Create deliverables that illustrate how to strategically move the business forward
- Act as a center of expertise, staying abreast of developments in the SAP space and continually upgrading functional knowledge.
- Stays up to date with the latest emerging technologies in SAP space like S/4 HANA, Leonardo, Ariba, FieldGlass, SuccessFactors, GRC etc.
- Works with KCS IT teams to drive the development of S/4 HANA roadmap.
- Builds collaborative relationships with other railroads to identify KCS relevant solutions.
- Leads the SAP architectural governance processes during the implementation (ensure the ongoing alignment of business architecture, functional architecture and technical architecture from a functional/solution perspective).
- Collaborates with Business and Technical/Infrastructure teams to ensure that the right solution is designed and deployed.
- Provides direction to the implementation teams during solution realization.
- When required, analyzes changes necessary to the solution architecture that are triggered by changes in business requirements, processes or technical requirements, develop options to implement the changes and takes/facilitates the appropriate technology decisions.
- Evaluates application system needs across multiple systems (SAP/Infor-ISM/Powerplan) and develops corresponding application and logical data architectures and standards.
- Development of strategy to integrate cloud applications with on-premise SAP.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.