Responsible for the solution design, build/configuration, testing, deployment, support, integrity and ongoing management of the SAP S/4HANA ERP solution within your functional domain. Understand business requirements, challenges and opportunities and lead the design, enablement and continuous business support of the SAP ERP solution to meet established business objectives within your domain. Serve as the SAP functional expert in your domain for the company by possessing a deep and comprehensive knowledge of business processes and a comprehensive knowledge of SAP ERP and related tools/systems within your domain of expertise. Responsible for configuring the SAP S4HANA ERP application to enable desired business processes/functionality within your domain.
Through 2021 this role will be primarily focused on the company’s SAP S4HANA ERP implementation project, after which the role will be integrated into the ongoing operation of the company. This role will oversee all project work and post-implementation support in your functional domain. For the project, the role represents the company in consultant-led SAP solution design, systems build/configuration, extensive testing cycles, and deployment throughout the SAP implementation project; working closely with company business team members, IT team members, external consultants and third party software providers. The position will subsequently oversee long-term post-implementation support, maintenance, system updates, solution quality and continuous improvement pertaining to the assigned domain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation and ongoing operational support of the SAP S4HANA ERP application in your functional domain for the company.
- Collaborate with business process owners and business subject matter resources in your functional area to: understand/gather/document business requirements; analyze/design/document business processes; translate business requirements into functional designs; conduct fit/gap analyses and author functional specifications.
- Configure SAP to enable desired business processes/functionality.
- Interface with IT development staff as required for technical matters.
- Develop test scripts; conduct unit, integration, regression and user acceptance test testing; assist with performance testing.
- Determine change impacts and assist with change management; develop and conduct user training.
- Support software deployment.
- Serve as the “first line of defense” for ongoing support for functional/technical or process issues. Troubleshoot production issues, provides resolutions and conducts root cause analysis. Responsible for reviewing and managing ongoing system quality for your domain.
- Assess and manage future changes/enhancements/software updates. Spearhead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Continue personal professional development in the areas of business, leadership, project management, SAP and other relevant information technology tools. Continue to expand knowledge of the company's business with a focus on understanding the impact the business processes within your domain has on internal operations. Cross-train on business software applications used at the company, with an emphasis on maintaining knowledge of SAP S4HANA ERP and any successor software.
- Travel (which will include overnights) as required to company sites, suppliers and training sites.
ERP Implementation Project Duties (also may be used for future business acquisitions):
As part of the Solution Design Phase, provide the company’s perspective on various solution options to meet critical business requirements – bringing previous experience, SAP expertise and independent research to bear. Participate in the Solution Design Council that will make major system decisions and accept the solution that will be maintained at the company. Work with the rest of team to finalize the non-functional solution requirements.
Throughout the Build Phase, help coordinate IT and business resources to obtain configuration values and functional specification information. Oversee externally executed configuration, development, and unit testing; validate the solution; gain knowledge transfer on the end-state solution; review the solution with the business and plan the long-term support for SAP solution within the domain. Sign off on all system and solution documentation for the domain.
Oversee all legacy and integration work within the domain, coordinating with other legacy IT experts to design interfaces and interim-states, execute any system work that is required in the legacy systems, test integration and business scenarios, train legacy end-users, finalize error handling procedures, document legacy changes and processes, deploy updated functionality and support live legacy changes.
In the Test Phases, validate the test scripts, assist with determining Performance Testing scenarios, review and oversee Performance Testing scripts, oversee the resolution of solution defects identified throughout various test cycles, review cutover plans, participate in mock cutovers, and execute system readiness activities. Help define the support organization, design support procedures and enable support tools.
In the Deployment Phase, participate in deployment readiness, cutover, and support preparation activities. Oversee post-implementation support and transition to long-term support providers.
Education and Experience:
- BSc/BA in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of experience using SAP ERP in your functional domain required, with S/4HANA experience strongly preferred. Expertise in your functional domain by possessing a deep and comprehensive knowledge of both business processes and of SAP ERP (S/4HANA preferred) functionality and related tools/systems within your domain. Strong knowledge of master data and transaction data objects within your domain. Knowledge of key integration points and adjacent software components.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or distribution company preferred, but not required.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations certification, or willingness to obtain this certification.
- SAP ERP (S/4HANA preferred) full-scale implementation project experiencesupporting the enablement of business processes in your domain of expertise within SAP software preferred. Experience with implementation tools, such as Solution Manager and HP ALM preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to be detailed-oriented while still maintaining a big picture perspective. Must have a solid understanding of corporate-wide functions, with a deep and comprehensive knowledge of business processes within your domain. Excellent business acumen.
- Highly collaborative work style. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful professional working relationships. Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, fast-paced project environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Will be expected to communicate to employees and suppliers at all levels (including company executives) via: face to face meetings, conference calls, written messages and project documentation. Ideal candidate must have excellent documentation skills, presentation skills and meeting facilitation skills.
- Creative and analytical. Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Can do attitude.
- Ability to react under pressure to any given situation that may arise, in a professional manner and with positive results, in support of a multi-location, 7 X 24 environment.
- Ability to be the liaison between technology and the business.
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, to achieve expected results.
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft Office skills, to include MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- Excellent project management skills.