How this role will make an impact:
This position leads, manages and executes entire lifecycle of a product from strategic planning to tactical activities. In this position, you will identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the technology platform requirements, and work with cross functional IS team to deliver the final product. The role will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders - business partners, IS teams and external vendors - to ensure successful translation of those requirements into solutions.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Understand the principles of application systems development and use them to analyze, test, implement, maintain and document IT projects
- Leads the creation of business and functional design specifications. Identifies gaps between solution design and application capabilities, and determines alternatives.
- Implement business driven requirements based on the given standards and oversee testing for the implemented functionalities and the support of the system test phase
- Work closely with the Architect and the Development team to ensure design meets business needs
- Understands in detail how the business works; knowledgeable current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they interrelate to other areas. Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes.
- Ensures detailed technical requirements are captured from appropriate IS teams. Influences technical solution. Identifies gaps between technical design system/application capabilities, and negotiates resolution.
- Guide vendor design work and ensure deliverables are high quality. Ensure that proposed system changes are supported by application vendor. Evaluate, Coordinates and/or applies vendor package and software tool upgrades and patches.
- Create and Implement the quality assurance strategy, approach and plan. Create and execute test plans, cases and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identifies defects and works to a resolution with the Developers and business teams.
- Lead small to medium sized projects end-to-end
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5 years of experience in analyzing, designing, configuring and implementing complex applications and integrating vendor packages; played a significant role in leading or managing medium to large projects
- Retail systems experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in working on different software development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with business modeling and requirements management tools, as well as knowledge of project management methodologies and application implementation methodologies
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills required
- Solid understanding of SQL query language
- Experience in working on retail applications including SAP IS Retail specifically in areas of merchandising and supply Chain, JDA’s Category Management applications is strongly preferred