As the SAP APO Business Systems Analyst for our $1.9B, international growth company, you will work closely with Management, Logistics, and Manufacturing to design, develop, test, implement and support all configuration within the Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO) module of SAP. Your experience supporting the MM/PP configuration in SAP as well as collaborate with business partners and developers to identify and continually improve all APO processes will be put to good use. Combining APO production support activities for existing business as well as new project design and implementation of additional functionality will challenge you in all the right ways.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or related field.
- 6+ years of SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO) module. Specifically, configuration experience in Production Planning (PPDS), Demand Planning (PPDP), and Supply Network Planning (SNP).
- Experience with S&OP implementations.
- Integrated Business Planning (SAP-IBP) implementation a plus.
- 2+ years of MM configuration experience (ECC 6.0 preferred)
- 2+ full life-cycle implementations of SAP APO which must include requirements gathering, blueprinting, functional testing, and SAP configuration.
- 2 or more years’ experience in production support environment.
The ideal candidate will be a techno/functional expert in the APO area and will have the ability to offer standard SAP configuration solutions and programming designs in order to fine tune, optimize, and support these modules in a rapidly changing environment with constant evolution of business processes.
- Maintenance and ability to troubleshoot the Core Interface (CIF) between APO and SAP
- Have a strong and thorough understanding of SAP’s APO Production Planning / Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) with experience in Demand Planning (DP), and Supply Network Planning (SNP), the associated business processes, and how APO is integrated with SD, MM, PP, and BW in order to support overall functions.
- Must have a strong knowledge of fundamental business processes to design and deploy appropriate best practice-based solutions while demonstrating the ability to anticipate future business requirements.
- Support the APO DP and DS implementation and enhancement efforts, including process design, configuration development, thorough testing of new functionality, analysis and impact to existing processes and integrated modules, documentation, and production support.
Enhancements and Projects Support:
Takes a lead role in developing appropriate SAP APO solutions for new implementation projects by:
- Partnering with Business Stakeholders to identify opportunities to optimize existing processes and technology as well as assessing new technologies and business solutions.
- Supporting Stakeholders to develop ‘ROI’ and ‘business cases’ for project reviews and approval.
- Contributing to and leading team members through all implementation efforts, including design, build, test, documentation, and go-live activities.
Writing clear, complete functional specifications from business requirements for development Team
- Create and design training and process documentation for new functionality and projects for end user training.
- Participate in project management by managing small to medium size projects from definition through implementation.
- Communicate issues, enhancement, project status to business stakeholders and management.
Strong leadership skills are required to effectively lead work groups, consisting of various combinations of business users, developers, other Business Systems Analysts, and consultants, through enhancement and project activity. In problem solving activities this person is expected to provide direction to others in identifying root causes and developing appropriate solutions.