SAP ABAP Developer
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing
The SAP Developer is responsible for all Development related efforts. They are expected to provide high quality development solutions to support American Outdoor Brands' SAP, E-Commerce, and all other systems that integrate into or interface with SAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position will leverage SAP and other programming best practices tocreate structured and reusable code that will enable American Outdoor Brands to quickly and efficiently implement new businesses or functionality into SAP and to provide ongoing support of existing systems and processes.
- This position will be involved in software and process design, development, and implementation for new functionalities and enhancements to business systems. They will prepare technical specifications and develop the necessary programs and development objects. This position will also take part in identifying technology and application development opportunities to improve existing processes.
- This position will work on critical and complex projects where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making strategic solution recommendations.
- Review and analyze technical needs.
- Work closely with SAP functional (WM, SD, MM, PP, FICO, EDI, etc.) personnel to implement and deploy changes to SAP and other integrated or interfaced systems.
- Be responsible for initial technical testing of all development.
- Develop interfaces and system solutions using ABAP programs, RFCs, WSDL's, SAP Script, Smartforms, LSMW's, etc.
- Present design reviews to extended teams of major changes.
- Participate in gathering and documenting business requirements.
- Assist in supporting business user acceptance testing.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of system or process related issues.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field and a minimum of 5+ years Applications Development experience developing with SAP ABAP, RFCs, WSDL's, SAP Script, Smartforms, LSMW's, etc.
- Minimum of 2+ full life cycle projects.
- Experience of EDI related interfaces
- Experience with development of SAP RF screens and associated functionality.
- Good understanding and Prior Experience with SAP VAS in order to meet the customer requirements by interfacing the process with SAP WM.
- Strong SAP technical, design, interaction, and leadership skills are required.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills and be able technical designs to IT functional colleagues and non-technical business personnel
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to proactively identify risks and propose mitigation plans for same
- Understanding of the cross module integration points between PP, SD, MM, FI, and logistics
- Experience in solution manager, business process monitoring, and business process analytics is a plus
- The ability to develop, execute, and document test plans
- Continuous: sitting
- Occasional: walking, standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, fine and gross upper body motor movement
- Travel of between 50 -- 75% is expected
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
* Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when onmanufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be requiredwhen a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.