We are looking for SAP ABAP Developer for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: SAP ABAP Developer
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
Within project schedules and other defined deadlines, in adherence to client?s architecture, and working under the direction of the client?s Technical Team Lead, candidate will provide technical development and production support services related to:
- The ABAP development, configuration, tuning and administration of SAP ECC FI functionality focusing on converting legacy CG and STO systems into client or interfacing legacy systems that must remain outside of client.
- The analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and support of SAP ABAP software specifically related to SAP?s ECC finance and treasury areas.
- Candidate must have in-depth knowledge of SAP?s ECC 6.0 FI functionality, specifically with experience utilizing this software and related development tools in a public sector organization.
- Candidate will assist with day-to-day production support of the client teams and CG & STO finance areas with issues related to SAP FI functionality and finance-related interfaces to legacy systems.
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of ADABAS/Natural development, MVS mainframe COBOL & JCL, performance monitoring and tuning.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All within project schedules and other defined deadlines?
- Participates with the client ABAP development team to develop implementation and maintenance strategies, processes, procedures and best practices for ABAP development in the ECC Finance areas, to include integration with the State?s existing SAP solution and other disparate systems and data sources.
- Assist with development of test plans to validate the solutions and components once implemented.
- Effectively leveraging the latest capabilities of SAP components to develop the solution.
- Work with IT and Business teams to define, design, configure, develop and implement ABAP solutions using the SAP ABAP workbench and analysis tools.
- Leverage SAP software to build effective and high performance data solutions for client and the Comptroller General?s Office.
- Create ABAP programs to satisfy identified functional requirements.
- Design test plans and conduct unit, integration and user acceptance testing for the above.
- Extract data from non-traditional resources such as spreadsheets and flat files.
- Support the client?s FI team with production problem resolution related to the State?s SAP system.
- Assist agency financial areas with issues associated with their various mainframe legacy systems that connect to client.
- Formally provide process and technical knowledge transfer via paired programming, peer coaching, written documentation for all development work.
- Provide effective and timely oral and written communications to management, peers and users.
- Identification and escalation of issues and risks to management in a timely manner.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 10+ years?experience in ABAP software analysis, design, development
- 10+ years?experience with ECC FI module
- 10+ years?SAP Web Application Server, employing Object-Oriented programming concepts, ABAP Unit, Shared Memory Objects, using ABAP Objects to realize custom report and dialog programs, ABAP WebDynpro applications, BAPI/RFC , and the SAP Enhancement Framework using ABAP Workbench
- 10+ years? practical upgrade, OSS notes, support packs and troubleshootingexperience
- 10+ years MVS mainframe programming experience including ADABAS/Natural, COBOL, JCL
- 5+ years?experience with SAP interface development using XI/PI with knowledge of EDI and ACH processes
- 5+ years?experience with Web AS
- 5+ years?experienceSAP Public Sector
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent teaching/peer review skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Public Sector/Gov?t ExperienceRequired
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Public sector SAP ABAP development for RICE in ECC 6.0, SRM, and BW
- MS Office tools (e.g. Word, Excel, Visio, Project)
- PM experience
- Business Acumen
- Bachelors in IT, Business or equivalent experience