Responsible for supervising all activities necessary for the cleaning and sanitizing of production, packaging, storage areas and production equipment & ensuring that all duties are safely performed in accordance with FSMA/USDA rules and regulations.
• time table and supervise a team of hourly sanitation employees to make certain plant operations meet obligatory sanitation requirements for equipment, system, and facility.
• train sanitation and plant personnel to acquire and maintain sanitation goals.
• Meet cleansing frequencies set up in the grasp Sanitation agenda.
• Make recommendations for upgrades and lead improvement teams.
• Make tips on hiring, firing, area, and promotions.
• explain hazards and protection measures to employees and monitor compliance.
• maintain chemicalinventory portions on an ongoing foundation, and have interaction with the chemical dealer for advice on training or issues associated with sanitation.
• participate inside the improvement and auditing of SSOP’s.
• Strictly implement protection and GMP rules, and keep advanced plant cleanliness.
Quality: Understands and strictly follows all GMP, SOP, SSOP, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Quality, Allergen Control and AIB programs and policies.
Provides Work Direction To : Sanitation Laborers
Qualifications & Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities) Required:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and the risk of electrical shock.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: