$80K — $100K *
Reser's Fine Foods is one of the nation's premiere manufacturers of high-quality refrigerated foods including deli salads, side dishes, chip dips, tortillas and Mexican snacks for families across the United States and Canada. Reser's manufactures thousands of products! Some of our brands include Reser's, Mrs. Kinsers, Don Pancho, Baja Café, and Stonemill Kitchens. You will see our mouth-watering products in supermarkets, restaurants and local outlets across the nation!
Designs, directs and manages the Sanitation program in accordance with company policies and government regulations to maintain a sanitary environment and the manufacture of the highest quality products.
1. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Sanitation Department and works in collaboration with other department managers to ensure that established procedures are adhered to.
2. Develops and maintains the company’s new and existing equipment cleaning SOP’s.
3. Provides coaching and training for direct reports to ensure good understanding of the company’s SSOP, Quality, SQF, Food Safety, and employee safety programs and standards.
4. Maintains entire facility in an Audit Ready status for any Third-Party audits, or regulatory inspections.
5. Implements strategies to improve safety, increase efficiency, improve quality and ensure continuous improvement.
6. Develops and implements productivity strategies that effectively lower controllable costs of sanitation labor and operating supplies, while driving sanitation standard improvements.
7. Manages all chemical and sanitation supply usage and inventories and weekly reporting.
8. Works in conjunction with chemical supplier to ensure proper usage of all chemicals.
9. Holds the sanitation team accountable to expectations and acts when warranted.
10. Sets expectations and monitors performance of direct reports.
11. Schedules and prioritizes sanitation employee assignments to insure the timely completion of work and defined programs.
12. Leads and oversees the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the firm’s SSOP program.
13. Leads resolution of micro deficiencies (Environmental Monitoring Program).
14. Troubleshoots sanitation deficiencies and corrects concerns in an appropriate and timely fashion.
15. Identifies gaps/opportunities for improvements specific to food safety and quality (i.e. sanitary equipment design).
16. Sets goals for sanitation specific to QA (pre-op and micro) and monitors performance.
17. Manages the execution of the master sanitation schedule.
18. Monitors SSOP, pre-op, and Environmental Monitoring Program; reports on trends and acts when warranted.
19. Maintains good relations with USDA inspectors.
20. Initiates sanitation Food Safety and Employee Safety training upon employee hiring and monitors for effectiveness, retraining as necessary.
21. Encourages safety by insisting on a clean safe working environment, and that all employees are following prescribed safety procedures, including personal protective equipment and LOTO.
22. Informs Management of any food safety or quality issues or of any processes which have become non-compliant with specified requirements.
23. Schedules and conducts supervisor’s and Technicians annual reviews in a timely manner.
1. 3+ years of food processing sanitation management or equivalent experience in quality assurance or food safety leadership. CIP experience is a plus.
2. Employee safety training experience/knowledge is required.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
4. Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
5. Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
6. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
7. Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
8. Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
9. Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
10. Ability to deal with people at all organizational levels and good analytical, organizational, planning, and oral and written communications skills are required.
1. Refrigerated food manufacturing plant.
2. The environment may be wet or dry and temperatures may range from 25°F to 110°F.
3. Frequent exposure to hazardous material and waste.
4. Frequent lifting, kneeling, and bending with items up to 80 lbs. is required.
5. Repetitive hand, wrist and finger activities.
6. Production demands may require overtime and/or evening or weekend scheduling.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help employees live a healthier life, build rewarding careers and save for the future. Reser's offers choices whenever possible, because we recognize the diverse and ever changing needs of our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, AD&D, life, 401(k) with match, wellness programs, paid holidays and vacation time to name few!
Valid through: 10/9/2020