Pressed Juicery is a leading cold-pressed juice brand with the goal of making high-nutrition a realistic option for all people. We support our mission through our juices. They are made by taking the things we need – fruits, vegetables and ingredients that come from the earth – and bringing them together in exciting, harmonious and taste-worthy ways. It’s nothing new. But it’s definitely something special. Because we believe that everyone in the world deserves a good shot at good health. And we mean everyone. Since our inception in 2010, Pressed has become one of the fastest-growing retailers in the United States providing affordable, attainable and delicious juice products in more than 65+ retaillocations and rapidly continuing to expand nationally. Pressed Juicery has achieved astounding growth, not only creating a high-quality, great-tasting product, but truly building a lifestyle brand. In addition to juices, Pressed has innovated new products including 2 oz. functional shots and Freeze, a vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free soft serve that contains only the ingredients found in our juices, and is completely free of chemicals or binders. Pressed Juicery’s lifestyle site, The Chalkboard Mag also leads the wellness conversation with over half a million unique monthly visitors. We are looking for smart, passionate and kind people that share our mission to join our ever growing family.
This position provides direction and leadership in sanitation, plant hygiene and pest control at both manufacturing plants. This position will drive the strategy, development, implementation and sustainability of a cleaning and sanitation program to meet regulatory and Pressed Juicery requirements related to food safety, sanitation and pest control. They will provide the technical expertise that will implement new and creative technologies, processes and procedures that will reduce the risk of product contamination
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the daily programs and activities across 3 shifts.
- Manages and sets standards for maintaining cleaning equipment, develop cleaning equipment planned maintenance programs.
- Partner with department managers to establish production and quality control standards for food safety and sanitation
- Ensures that employees and managers have the required food safety, sanitation and occupation safety training.
- Identifies, documents and implements opportunities for continuous improvement
- Inspects products and equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards
- Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation, quality and HACCP issues, and recommend changes in equipment, plant layout or work practices to improve sanitation standards and purity of product.
- Complies requiredreports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations and steps taken to resolve deficiencies. Ensure that GMP’s are always met
- Prepares and coordinates annual chemical training program and SSOP training for sanitation team members
- Ensure Daily Documentation of the activities performed
- Develop new sanitation procedures and protocols
- Reviews and oversees the Master Sanitation Program, including working with Cleaning and Sanitation Chemical supplier(s) to determine best cleaning and sanitizing agents and methods for maintaining Company and Regulatory cleaning and sanitizing standards.
- Coordinates and executes the cleaning of equipment and work areas
- Walks and inspects Plant for unsanitary practices and conditions
- Participates as needed in monthly food safety inspections and creates corrective action plan
- Coordinates company Master Cleaning Schedule activities; Creates Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Follow all occupational safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), SSOP’s, OSHA and BRC guidance.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate cleaning and sanitation activities.
- Issue new or replacement PPE to team members as necessary.
- Other job-related duties as requested
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years' experience in FDA regulated (Food) in a combination of Quality and/or Sanitation -- Direct manufacturing, operations, sanitation and product testing preferred
- 2+ years Managerial experience is required
- Food processing and formulation concepts and technique
- Quality assurance and sanitation concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of CIP/COP systems and verification/validation preferred
- Knowledge of GMP's, HACCP, SQF, and BRC and FDA regulations, and microbiology and analytical testing
- Strong independent leadership skills.
- Will be required to travel to 2 locations
- Food processing equipment experience
- Food safety concepts and techniques
- Basic knowledge of uses, versatility, and limitations of cleaning devices and materials required.
- Good Communication Skills: written/oral form.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate teamwork required.
- Flexibility to work any shift including holidays and weekends if required
- SSOP's Development and Implementation
- Must have exceptional organization and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little supervision.
- Expertise in utilizing Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Power point
- Proficient in English, both in verbal and written word.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not required
- Ability to maintain confidential company information in the strictest of confidence.
Job Type- Exempt FT