Under limited direction, uses extensive knowledge and skills in securities and/or banking industry compliance obtained through experience, specialized training and/or certification to develop, administer and enforce economic sanctions rules and regulations. Leads projects with significant scope and impact. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectives in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with internal customers is required to identify, research, analyze, and resolve complex issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devise and analyze metrics and prepare reports related to key measurements of Sanctions monitoring activities.
- Provide training and mentoring to new and existing Associates.
- Promptly escalate AML risk relevant and critical or reputational risk matters.
- Provide guidance and support in the oversight of business unit and subsidiary sanctions programs.
- Administer policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations related to sanctions and money laundering included in the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices in investigative research processes based on sources such as industry groups and information issued by regulatory groups and the United States government.
- Contribute to various AML & Sanctions training modules and communications by providing material on timely subjects, incidents and other relevant topics as necessary.
- Respond to regulatory inquiries and coordinates with other compliance personnel.
- Maintain currency in laws and regulations pertaining to economic sanctions and anti-money laundering compliance.
- Provides guidance to Raymond James Associates regarding AML policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Advanced knowledge of:
- Concepts, practices and procedures of securities industry and/or banking compliance reviews.
- Rules and regulations of OFAC and the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
- Financial markets and products.
- Administering anti-money laundering and sanctions policies and procedures.
- Analyzing activity documentation to identify irregular transactions.
- Administering regulatory notification and OFAC blocked property filings.
- Planning and scheduling work to meet regulatory organizational and regulatory requirements.
- Identifying and applying appropriate compliance monitoring procedures and tests.
- Preparing oral and/or written reports.
- Investigating compliances issues and irregularities.
- Making rule-based and analytical decisions.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Interpret and apply economic sanctions and anti-money laundering regulations and identify and recommend compliance changes as appropriate.
- Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in a related field and a minimum of six (6) years' experience in compliance in the securities or banking industry with a focus in sanctions or anti-money laundering activities.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience approved by Human Resources.